2020 Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree with you, even though I love the game and we have a good team.
However, the money is too rich for all involved and they are all like pimps on the corner looking for the next “green” field of play. Lol.
I don't want a 2020 season if it has less than 132 games being played.:cigar: What do you think not having a 2020 season would do with the Braves free agency situation? Do you think the Braves would resign Marcell Ozuna and Cole Hamels for 2021?

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't want a 2020 season if it has less than 132 games being played.:cigar: What do you think not having a 2020 season would do with the Braves free agency situation? Do you think the Braves would resign Marcell Ozuna and Cole Hamels for 2021?
Yeah, I think they sign both of them at the same salaries for 2021, unless a crazy team like the Cardinals and Phillies want to offer multi-year deals.
They can’t do any training for 8 weeks...another 2 weeks of ST...which takes us into June as best case scenario. I have no idea why Manfred thinks July, unless our government officials convinced him this will be a longer delay.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think they sign both of them at the same salaries for 2021, unless a crazy team like the Cardinals and Phillies want to offer multi-year deals.
They can’t do any training for 8 weeks...another 2 weeks of ST...which takes us into June as best case scenario. I have no idea why Manfred thinks July, unless our government officials convinced him this will be a longer delay.
What do you think the point of no return will be where the 2020 MLB season will have to be cancelled? I think less than 100 games in the 2020 schedule will be the point of no return.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What do you think the point of no return will be where the 2020 MLB season will have to be cancelled? I think less than 100 games in the 2020 schedule will be the point of no return.
I’m like you, I prefer the 144 or more. Reality tells me the owners, players union are both greedy. The fans will lose interest if there isn’t some kind of champion crowned. Kind of like losing the game from Summer of ‘94 throughout the entire Spring of ‘95, during the strike.

If you believe the Commish, it’s a 3 month season. That equates to half the baseball year.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’m like you, I prefer the 144 or more. Reality tells me the owners, players union are both greedy. The fans will lose interest if there isn’t some kind of champion crowned. Kind of like losing the game from Summer of ‘94 throughout the entire Spring of ‘95, during the strike.

If you believe the Commish, it’s a 3 month season. That equates to half the baseball year.
They may lose me as a fan for the 2020 season with a less than 100 game season;):rolleyes::banghead: I'll just keep up with the stats and results on the ESPN and CBS Sports websites:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves optioned right-hander Touki Toussaint to Triple-A Gwinnett, per the league transactions log at MLB.com. He’d pitched well during spring before the league shutdown. Over 8 2/3 frames, he yielded a pair of runs on two hits and three walks with eight strikeouts. This is his 2nd of 3 option years.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The Braves optioned right-hander Touki Toussaint to Triple-A Gwinnett, per the league transactions log at MLB.com. He’d pitched well during spring before the league shutdown. Over 8 2/3 frames, he yielded a pair of runs on two hits and three walks with eight strikeouts. This is his 2nd of 3 option years.
He needs to be traded at some point because i just don't think he'll do much for the Braves when all is said and done:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per MLBTR:
Baseball America’s Ben Badler (subscription required) looks at five prospects who are lined up to join Major League teams when the international signing window opens on July 2. The Padres, Brewers, Braves, Indians, and Rangers have already been respectively connected to each of the five youngsters, with Atlanta and Cleveland each prepared to give out bonuses in the $1MM range.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think that's a good idea:cigar:
I agree. Might be more minor injuries, like pulled muscles if they have a limited training time. Plus, this will keep the Players Association happy. We know that’s always a challenge, trying to keep the monetary peace(they will try to get service time added to the guys on the 40-man, even though there was no baseball and some wouldn’t have been on the 26-man roster).