2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If injury, or Flowers flops as in being released(you could see Jackson or Langeliers). I’m surmising Alex paid him 4 m., after talking it over with Snitker, in resigning him first as he was meant to be their alternate catcher or backup. In September there are going to be limits or a reduction on how many guys can be called up(mlb new rule)this year.

This from MLBTR:
If the Braves’ rotation or some other part of their roster fails during the first few months of the season, perhaps the two-time defending NL East champions will find reinforcements leading up to the summer trade deadline. The Braves are already projected for a franchise-record Opening-Day payroll of $158MM – almost $45MM more than 2019’s season-starting outlay – but there may be more in the coffers. Anthopoulos said he “was given a quick yes” when he asked CEO Terry McGuirk for a spending increase during the prior two summers.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
If injury, or Flowers flops as in being released(you could see Jackson or Langeliers). I’m surmising Alex paid him 4 m., after talking it over with Snitker, in resigning him first as he was meant to be their alternate catcher or backup. In September there are going to be limits or a reduction on how many guys can be called up(mlb new rule)this year.

This from MLBTR:
If the Braves’ rotation or some other part of their roster fails during the first few months of the season, perhaps the two-time defending NL East champions will find reinforcements leading up to the summer trade deadline. The Braves are already projected for a franchise-record Opening-Day payroll of $158MM – almost $45MM more than 2019’s season-starting outlay – but there may be more in the coffers. Anthopoulos said he “was given a quick yes” when he asked CEO Terry McGuirk for a spending increase during the prior two summers.
Yeah i could see Jackson or Langoliers being called up if Flowers hitting flirts with the Mendoza line

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Mendoza hit .215 lifetime, but like @THWG said, .200 is the line.

If we are done with moves as of Ozuna, are you guys satisfied with the offseason?
Are we better than the team that lost game 5 vs. St. Louis?
I love what we did this offseason. I would still like to add 1 more starter, but I like the competition between Hernandez, Newcomb, and Wright for the 5th starter.
I really like that we were able to get most of these guys on only 1 or 2 year deals. We have our young core in Soroka, Fried, Freeman, Albies, Swanson, and Acuna, so it's nice to surround them with good veterans on 1-2 year deals.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Mendoza hit .215 lifetime, but like @THWG said, .200 is the line.

If we are done with moves as of Ozuna, are you guys satisfied with the offseason?
Are we better than the team that lost game 5 vs. St. Louis?

Buzz, my answer is ... yes, but maybe that's more because all our youth has a years experience under their belt and not the post-season moves (or not) by the Braves.
Like Cole Hamels signing
Like Ozuna's bat, but hope his liability as a defensive players is over-rated
Don't think I like d'Arnaud signing, wish McCann would have stayed for another year
Catching as a whole is worrisome, basically because I'm not sold on d'Arnaud and think Flowers is a huge defensive liability
Like Mike said, I would like to still have Keuchel
Riley at 3rd Base ... like I said previously, I'm officially on the bandwagon.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Nationals have reached a one-year, $2MM guarantee with first baseman Ryan Zimmerman, pending a physical, Barry Svrluga of the Washington Post reports. The deal can max out at $5MM with performance bonuses, and it includes a full no-trade clause. Zimmerman’s a client of CAA Sports.

They also have Eric Thames, 4 million/1 year, @1B.
This is great news! Zimmerman will spend his entire career with Nationals. Great deal for Nationals. It's reported the incentives are based on games played & plate appearances. That's perfect. Nats will get what they pay for. So, they've secured a good player/leader on the cheap....leaving room under luxury tax for acquisitions via FA or via trade.

The Nationals need to play him at 3rd base:LOL:
Ok... we get funny @YellowJacketFan2018 today. Good one! (y)