2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, would it be a better idea to have, Acuna-Ozuna-Inciarte/Markakis and look to deal DuVall ?

I guess the contention is you would have 2 LH bats to platoon. For offense, it would be Markakis and Inciarte for the late innings. It could be done that way. It burns an extra player for the benefit of being a late inning pinch-hitter or extra-inning chess matches. Kind of defeats the 26th man benefit.
Not sure Duvall has the appeal in trade as Ender? Inciarte makes twice as much and would shave more payroll for a July trade. The money train stops at some point, & it’s not “Liberty” for all in Braves Country.
Would seem a leadoff hitting CF with good range & decent glove(he did win 3 Gold Gloves), might have more value over a streaky guy who strikes out a whole lot(536 in 1,780 ABs)& has hit .233 lifetime. I do respect Duvall’s defense, as he won a GG and nominated for another when with the Reds.

Guesses at a current lineup?
Here’s my own: Acuna, Albies, Freeman, Ozuna, Kakes/Duvall, Swanson, Riley/Camargo, d’Arnaud, Pitcher.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I guess the contention is you would have 2 LH bats to platoon. For offense, it would be Markakis and Inciarte for the late innings. It could be done that way. It burns an extra player for the benefit of being a late inning pinch-hitter or extra-inning chess matches. Kind of defeats the 26th man benefit.
Not sure Duvall has the appeal in trade as Ender? Inciarte makes twice as much and would shave more payroll for a July trade. The money train stops at some point, & it’s not “Liberty” for all in Braves Country.
Would seem a leadoff hitting CF with good range & decent glove(he did win 3 Gold Gloves), might have more value over a streaky guy who strikes out a whole lot(536 in 1,780 ABs)& has hit .233 lifetime. I do respect Duvall’s defense, as he won a GG and nominated for another when with the Reds.

Guesses at a current lineup?
Here’s my own: Acuna, Albies, Freeman, Ozuna, Kakes/Duvall, Swanson, Riley/Camargo, d’Arnaud, Pitcher.

Here's my lineup going into 2020

Acuna
Albies
Freeman
Ozuna
Markakis
Swanson
Riley or Camargo
Flowers
Pitcher

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Robots are the future. There goes my chance to be a house husband and fetch. Lol.;)

Alex A. said in a post-season podcast, that Riley would get every chance to win a job.
Not that Austin doesn’t have huge potential, but the 2018 Camargo could push him.
Don’t count out Hechavarria w/ a strong arm, slick glove for some innings, or if both guys struggle-some daily starts.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Robots are the future. There goes my chance to be a house husband and fetch. Lol.;)

Alex A. said in a post-season podcast, that Riley would get every chance to win a job.
Not that Austin doesn’t have huge potential, but the 2018 Camargo could push him.
Don’t count out Hechavarria w/ a strong arm, slick glove for some innings, or if both guys struggle-some daily starts.
Hopefully Austin Riley will start the 2020 season hitting the ball and 3rd base not being too bad at all:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From MLB TR:
First and foremost, it’s notable that Ozuna drew not only three-year but four-year offers, per Jon Heyman. The offered money evidently wasn’t enough to sway the veteran from the $18MM he got for one year with the Braves, but it’s still an indication that the market has some appetite for a longer pact on this sort of player.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
From MLB TR:
First and foremost, it’s notable that Ozuna drew not only three-year but four-year offers, per Jon Heyman. The offered money evidently wasn’t enough to sway the veteran from the $18MM he got for one year with the Braves, but it’s still an indication that the market has some appetite for a longer pact on this sort of player.
Hopefully AA will resign him at the end of the 2020 season and Cristian Pache or Drew Waters can back him up for a season at the very least

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Talking Chop, per B.A.:
The Braves placed four prospects in Baseball America’s Top 100 prospect list with Cristian Pache (12), Drew Waters (36), Ian Anderson (44), and Kyle Wright (64) making the cut. Having all of their representatives on the list in the top 75 is also an important note. We will say, though, that the Braves were also well represented on their list of guys who received votes as top 150 prospects in baseball with William Contreras, Tucker Davidson, Shea Langeliers, Kyle Muller, Braden Shewmake, and Bryse Wilson all getting some love there.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From MLBTR:
“We talked to some of the starters who got bigger, longer deals, whether that was (Hyun-Jin) Ryu, (Zack) Wheeler, Bumgarner,” Anthopoulos revealed. “We ultimately chose not to go to the same contract, whether it was length or total value.”
When they were trying to re-sign Donaldson, they were “also weighing the possibility that we would be blocking Riley or blocking Camargo from playing third base. That presents its own challenges,” Anthopoulos stated.

Braves 3B Minor-Leaguer:

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
From MLBTR:
“We talked to some of the starters who got bigger, longer deals, whether that was (Hyun-Jin) Ryu, (Zack) Wheeler, Bumgarner,” Anthopoulos revealed. “We ultimately chose not to go to the same contract, whether it was length or total value.”
When they were trying to re-sign Donaldson, they were “also weighing the possibility that we would be blocking Riley or blocking Camargo from playing third base. That presents its own challenges,” Anthopoulos stated.

Braves 3B Minor-Leaguer:

Do you think the Braves will call up catchers Alex Jackson or Shea Langoliers at some point in the season? I think either catcher could be called up to try to bring some spark to the Braves catching position.