2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What is your opinion with Ozuna and Donaldson's batting including home runs and average ?
I said in a post on here the other day, I’d rather have Ozuna, Riley/Camargo, as opposed to Donaldson, Inciarte. Now you can deal Ender from a position of strength.
His defense slipped last year, and he seems like a fragile 29 yo in his build. We still have Kakes/Duvall. The OF got stronger.

To answer your question, it’s a wash BA wise. Ozuna at .272, Josh at .273
Donaldson has out HR him, 219-148, although he came up in 2010 with Marcell in 2014. Rain Dude with 645 RBI’s to 538 for M.O.
885 k’s for J.D., 818 for Ozuna. Josh had more walks, 500+ to 291 Marcell.
Again, Ozuna hasn’t had as much time missed, however he came up 4 years later.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Great news, IMHO:

6:06pm: The Braves have announced the deal and confirmed the terms of the agreement.

6:01pm: The Braves have agreed to a one-year deal with free-agent outfielder Marcell Ozuna, reports Jeff Passan of ESPN.com. The MDR Sports Management client will receive an $18MM salary that slightly exceeds the $17.8MM qualifying offer from the Cardinals that he rejected back in November.

Bides another year for Pache and Waters.
OH DAMN I WAS SO WRONG!:rolleyes::LOL:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At least the Nationals will be in the NL Playoffs as a Wildcard;)
I just hope the NL East comes down to these 2 teams (Nationals & Braves). Last year, Braves won head to head 11-8. ...and won division by 4 games. Means they were basically even (Braves by 1 game) against the rest of the MLB. Shows how critical head to head can be... and was.

Nationals need to make a similar move to "keep up" ... I really feel like this hot stove season has been pretty neck & neck for both teams. Today, the Braves did something significant that was more than just what Ozuna adds by himself... his bat will help others around him in the lineup. Good get, Braves!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred, highly improbable that you get off to that injury plagued start again. Although, I’m sure you’ll consider the torture if Nats. win back to back titles.

For you Braves Gents. keeping score, we are down 1 sandwich draft pick, again.
-1 Will Smith, +1 Donald-who-son, -1 Oozing Ozuna.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I just hope the NL East comes down to these 2 teams (Nationals & Braves). Last year, Braves won head to head 11-8. ...and won division by 4 games. Means they were basically even (Braves by 1 game) against the rest of the MLB. Shows how critical head to head can be... and was.

Nationals need to make a similar move to "keep up" ... I really feel like this hot stove season has been pretty neck & neck for both teams. Today, the Braves did something significant that was more than just what Ozuna adds by himself... his bat will help others around him in the lineup. Good get, Braves!
I'm very surprised by this however i like this move a lot and i hope Pache and Waters are ready when 2021 rolls around:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Wish he hit like that in the Division Series against us, Fred!
Not that our pitching or timely hitting was as good as Washington.

If Ozuna has a productive year like Rain Man had in ‘19, we could see the 30 y.o. to be get his 4 year-deal. Don’t think Atlanta would get a Draft Pick, as he’s a repeater FA? The Braves might have some flexibility if Pache comes up at some point in ‘20 and shows that he needs a place. Good dilemma to have. It’s only for a year, safe.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Al Ciraldo told me several times, how he loved working with Jack Hurst and wanted to stay with the Braves. I’ve heard his tapes, he was a natural for baseball.
My stepfather got him started selling corporate accounts with all of our contacts in Atlanta. WGST kept Al busy with advertising over the years. Naturally, doing GT Foots and Hoops took up his spare time. Lol.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
My Updated 2020 MLB Predictions

NL East

Atlanta Braves 100-62
Washington Nationals 88-74
Philadelphia Phillies 88-74
New York Mets 87-75
Miami Marlins 67-95

NL Central

Cincinnati Reds 85-77
Milwaukee Brewers 84-78
St Louis Cardinals 83-79
Chicago Cubs 80-82
Pittsburgh Pirates 70-92

NL West

Los Angeles Dodgers 103-59
Arizona Diamondbacks 93-69
San Francisco Giants 79-83
San Diego Padres 75-87
Colorado Rockies 64-98

NL Wildcard Game: Arizona Diamondbacks over the Washington Nationals

NL Divisional Playoffs: Atlanta Braves over the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-1 and Los Angeles Dodgers over the Cincinnati Reds 3-0

NL Championship Series: Atlanta Braves over the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-3

AL East

New York Yankees 101-61
Tampa Bay Rays 94-68
Boston Red Sox 85-77
Toronto Blue Jays 76-86
Baltimore Orioles 55-107

AL Central

Minnesota Twins 104-58
Cleveland Indians 96-66
Chicago White Sox 86-76
Kansas City Royals 75-87
Detroit Tigers 60-102

AL West

Oakland A's 97-65
Texas Rangers 92-70
Houston Astros 91-71
Los Angeles Angels 81-81
Seattle Mariners 74-88

AL Wildcard Game: Cleveland Indians over the Tampa Bay Rays

Al Divisional Playoffs: Minnesota Twins 3-2 over the Oakland A's and the New York Yankees over the Cleveland Indians 3-0

AL Championship Series: New York Yankees 4-3 over the Minnesota Twins

2020 World Series: New York Yankees over the Atlanta Braves 4-3

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Ouch.
Sincerely,
NATS Fan

No, sir. I object. You don't get to use that capitalization regarding your allegiances in a baseball thread. We're all fans of the NATS here, but not the Nats, the nats or the gnats. Please capitalize appropriately so we know who we should take seriously in matters of baseball discussions. Thanks.

;):)

For the next few months I guess you could alternatively use WSC.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Do you have a link on reports confirming this? I only see stories spanning the last 24hrs saying he's pissed (with GM) & may want to be traded.

Granted... I just googled his name. [I'm a helluva researcher] :)

Fred, it was an article in the Atlanta paper yesterday ... I'm tech challenge, maybe someone else can link it for you.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Awesome news on Ozuna, I'm really looking forward to the trip to San Diego in late March !!
Buzz, would it be a better idea to have, Acuna-Ozuna-Inciarte/Markakis and look to deal DuVall ?
And ... I'm going to get on the Austin Riley bandwagon, here's hoping he finds the magic in his Sophomore year !!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Awesome news on Ozuna, I'm really looking forward to the trip to San Diego in late March !!
Buzz, would it be a better idea to have, Acuna-Ozuna-Inciarte/Markakis and look to deal DuVall ?
And ... I'm going to get on the Austin Riley bandwagon, here's hoping he finds the magic in his Sophomore year !!!

Yeah, I'm going to begrudgingly get on the RileyWagon. Don't tell BuzzB though. He's still mad at me, probably. :lurking: