2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves should have traded Julio Teheran 2 years ago
You and I pleaded for it.
He’s not coming back for a mere 4 m. I’m not sure why they even offered that, after not picking up his option. They didn’t want to use him in the playoffs the past two years. To make his case, he’s worth more than Tyler Flowers to another team lacking a veteran on a staff.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
  • The Brewers and Blue Jays were previously known to have interest in Grandal this offseason, though The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal (subscription required) adds that the Reds, Angels, and Braves were also among the top suitors, though Atlanta may have just “checked in” on Grandal’s status. Cincinnati was MLBTR’s predicted landing spot for Grandal, as the Reds as known to be willing to spend in pursuit of a postseason berth in 2020 and Grandal represented a clear upgrade over Tucker Barnhart. Catcher was also a glaring area of need for the Angels, while the Braves have one capable regular in Tyler Flowers but are in need of a complement after Brian McCann’s retirement.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
  • The Brewers and Blue Jays were previously known to have interest in Grandal this offseason, though The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal (subscription required) adds that the Reds, Angels, and Braves were also among the top suitors, though Atlanta may have just “checked in” on Grandal’s status. Cincinnati was MLBTR’s predicted landing spot for Grandal, as the Reds as known to be willing to spend in pursuit of a postseason berth in 2020 and Grandal represented a clear upgrade over Tucker Barnhart. Catcher was also a glaring area of need for the Angels, while the Braves have one capable regular in Tyler Flowers but are in need of a complement after Brian McCann’s retirement.
Tyler Flowers isn't capable of anything but low batting average and poor defense;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You are correct sir. I should have changed the word to incapable, from that article on Flow. We can only hope if Atlanta doesn’t find a trade partner after he fizzles out again, he is a distant back up or they cut him for Alex Jackson.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
More detail on:
Much like his previous deal with the Rangers, the two-year, $14MM contract reliever Chris Martin signed with the Braves gives him the opportunity to become a free agent at the end of it, Jon Heyman of MLB Network tweets. Martin will only have three-plus years’ service time then, meaning he’d remain eligible for arbitration under normal circumstances, but there’s language built into the pact that will allow him to return to the open market when it expires.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
More detail on:
Much like his previous deal with the Rangers, the two-year, $14MM contract reliever Chris Martin signed with the Braves gives him the opportunity to become a free agent at the end of it, Jon Heyman of MLB Network tweets. Martin will only have three-plus years’ service time then, meaning he’d remain eligible for arbitration under normal circumstances, but there’s language built into the pact that will allow him to return to the open market when it expires.
I'm glad that the Braves were able to resign him and that Shane Greene is staying because it's nice to have depth in the bullpen;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
There is a new starter for the Sox named Grand-al.
A Brian McCann for a:
James McCann, was a first time All-Star last season for the Sox. He posted a .273/.328/.460 batting line with 18 HR, 60 RBI, 62 R, and a WAR of 3.8. He accounted for five defensive runs saved in Chicago.

McCann is entering the final year of his contract. He is projected to make $4.9 million in arbitration, according to our friends at MLBTradeRumors.com. Atlanta might be the perfect trade partner?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Liberty Media investors meeting in NYC, comes this:
“We’re set up to win, and we’re going to go after it,” longtime Braves executive Mike Plant, now president and CEO of Braves Development Company, told the attendees. “I can assure you that one of these years I’m going to stand up here and have a World Series trophy with me.”