2020 Adidas Swag Thread

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I've yet to see one of the 6 or 7 things I'd definitely buy for sale. Is that ever gonna change with Adidas?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'd spend $500 on a pair of those in gold and white with a GT on the tongue.

I will NEVER be satisfied with an outfitter until we are a priority. Otherwise we might as well go to New Balance and start a new trend with Ronald Acuna.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah them not releasing a pair for us sucks, we should all make noise on social media about it, but also would be curious for someone with juice inside the program to ask GT what gives??

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone think maybe we were going to wear black jerseys against ND?
3DB72EA6-6732-4146-9006-1162AF04B757.jpeg

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Yeah them not releasing a pair for us sucks, we should all make noise on social media about it, but also would be curious for someone with juice inside the program to ask GT what gives??

I emailed a friend at GTAA and here's his response:

adidas cycles through their schools based on various criteria (done year-plus out), and unfortunately Georgia Tech was not among their picks for this line. We did have a Bounce version in the previous cycle.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone think maybe we were going to wear black jerseys against ND? View attachment 8830

I bet it was going to be a special black “Mayhem” jersey we were going to wear every year in the Benz games, which I understand may be controversial since some fans would want us to wear traditional jerseys in a high profile game that would probably be nationally televised every year. But it’s a good branding opportunity especially if GT won a few of those matchups

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow

Those look like old man shoes. Just not white. More colors.

And Boger would pay $500 if Tech gold and small GT on the tongue? Wow!
People say Tech men are conservative, but, apparently not when it comes to overpriced shoes and swag.

I love Tech gear, but picky about it. My library is dedicated to Tech, submarines, vintage and classic cars, gardening and travel. My home is usually filled with music.

As for my age I don't like to give the exact. ;) In baseball, Joe Torre and Johnny Bench was who I looked up too. Basketball it was Pistol Pete Maravich and Earl the Pearl Monroe. When NASCAR came to town, my mother would date Buddy Baker. (y) My father would play piano without a thumb. I have a certificate in Advanced Electronics before patrolling the Pacific and Sea of Okhotsk, Sea of Japan, Philippine Sea, and Aleutian Islands in the 1970's, while serving in an attack submarine. I was stationed at Pearl. I salute the American flag and sing the National Anthem.

GI Bill to GT, a co-op, (Gulfstream Aerospace and IBM) and 35 years a season ticket holder at Bobby Dodd. A few baseball and basketball games a year.

Navy submariner was the best thing I have done. Tech grad a close second. We have a great country!!

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I bet it was going to be a special black “Mayhem” jersey we were going to wear every year in the Benz games, which I understand may be controversial since some fans would want us to wear traditional jerseys in a high profile game that would probably be nationally televised every year. But it’s a good branding opportunity especially if GT won a few of those matchups

Never Wear Black!

I must admit I did love those Silver Blue uniforms. Should be worn with our white helmets.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I emailed a friend at GTAA and here's his response:

adidas cycles through their schools based on various criteria (done year-plus out), and unfortunately Georgia Tech was not among their picks for this line. We did have a Bounce version in the previous cycle.

I have these sneaks. Broke my foot and busted my ankle the first time I played Basketball in em.....

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Those look like old man shoes. Just not white. More colors.

And Boger would pay $500 if Tech gold and small GT on the tongue? Wow!
People say Tech men are conservative, but, apparently not when it comes to overpriced shoes and swag.

I love Tech gear, but picky about it. My library is dedicated to Tech, submarines, vintage and classic cars, gardening and travel. My home is usually filled with music.

As for my age I don't like to give the exact. ;) In baseball, Joe Torre and Johnny Bench was who I looked up too. Basketball it was Pistol Pete Maravich and Earl the Pearl Monroe. When NASCAR came to town, my mother would date Buddy Baker. (y) My father would play piano without a thumb. I have a certificate in Advanced Electronics before patrolling the Pacific and Sea of Okhotsk, Sea of Japan, Philippine Sea, and Aleutian Islands in the 1970's, while serving in an attack submarine. I was stationed at Pearl. I salute the American flag and sing the National Anthem.

GI Bill to GT, a co-op, (Gulfstream Aerospace and IBM) and 35 years a season ticket holder at Bobby Dodd. A few baseball and basketball games a year.

Navy submariner was the best thing I have done. Tech grad a close second. We have a great country!!
So really really really old and moldy? LOL JK sir. You have lived an accomplished and exciting life it sounds like.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Looks like they picked 8 of their 12 power 5 schools. No shoes for GT, Miss State, NC State and Rutgers this go around.