2020 Adidas Swag Thread

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
So we sign a not so good deal with an apparel company. And that company isn’t even capabale of producing our main color. I mean that’s just a dumb deal for any team to make
You are overreacting. They make plenty of gold between what's been on Fanatics and B&N. I've got the items in my closet and hat rack to prove it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So we sign a not so good deal with an apparel company. And that company isn’t even capabale of producing our main color. I mean that’s just a dumb deal for any team to make
The deal is more than fine, and so is adidas itself. The other options included;
  • a worse deal with Nike, who wasn’t even going to supply sports other than football, basketball, and baseball, and provide less money
  • Under Armour, who is going out of business and trying to get out of their current deals
  • Or an apparel company who isn’t a lifestyle brand i.e: New Balance, Rawlings, Puma, etc. and be in the same play we were with Russel
Georgia Tech will not be a priority for any apparel company until our fans make it one. I’m not sure why that’s a difficult concept.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Wish the athletic association would sell some game worn gear. I acquired this game worn Curtis Haywood basketball jersey recently.

Attachments

• C62333AD-D505-4A5E-87D2-DA2AE7237BE3.jpeg
    C62333AD-D505-4A5E-87D2-DA2AE7237BE3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 60C8F0C9-09F5-4E6F-9D33-EC4D68383278.jpeg
    60C8F0C9-09F5-4E6F-9D33-EC4D68383278.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The deal is more than fine, and so is adidas itself. The other options included;
  • a worse deal with Nike, who wasn’t even going to supply sports other than football, basketball, and baseball, and provide less money
  • Under Armour, who is going out of business and trying to get out of their current deals
  • Or an apparel company who isn’t a lifestyle brand i.e: New Balance, Rawlings, Puma, etc. and be in the same play we were with Russel
Georgia Tech will not be a priority for any apparel company until our fans make it one. I’m not sure why that’s a difficult concept.
100%! The original deal was to get all athletic programs covered and give them unlimited amounts of clothing. No one else would do this! That was the biggest complaint among the SA’s. Not enough clothing or quality clothing. They have that now. Im sure Adidas is taking a wait and see approach with fan apparel. We have a small base and once they see we buy up what they put out it’ll pick up.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
The deal we signed got us basically no cash. It was pretty much just a deal for equipment. We honestly had no leverage so getting a good deal from any company was tough. But we probably should’ve checked if that company can produce our main color lol

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The deal we signed got us basically no cash. It was pretty much just a deal for equipment. We honestly had no leverage so getting a good deal from any company was tough. But we probably should’ve checked if that company can produce our main color lol
31st most valuable across the P5 when the deal was signed in 2018. $200k cash annually. I’m not sure what else can be expected for an apparel company to provide a school with one of the smallest fan bases in P5 sports, who are notorious for being tight with their wallets anyway. Adidas makes plenty of gold, as has been established and hashed on this very forum. Every team has at least one gold jersey, and there are plenty of gold items available for fans. There’s literally no problem with what adidas provides Tech, and tbh they probably provide more than what Tech and it’s fans are worth to the market.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
What does that even mean? Again, they have made and continue to make gold uniforms and fan gear.........

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
31st most valuable across the P5 when the deal was signed in 2018. $200k cash annually. I’m not sure what else can be expected for an apparel company to provide a school with one of the smallest fan bases in P5 sports, who are notorious for being tight with their wallets anyway. Adidas makes plenty of gold, as has been established and hashed on this very forum. Every team has at least one gold jersey, and there are plenty of gold items available for fans. There’s literally no problem with what adidas provides Tech, and tbh they probably provide more than what Tech and it’s fans are worth to the market.
Then why does our own bookstore say that Adidas is unable to provide orders that they want? They legit have trouble making our main color. That’s a pretty big part of an apparel deal.