1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

2020 Adidas Swag Thread

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by MidtownJacket, Jan 1, 2020.

1. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

Well boys and girls, new year, new thread for the new threads from adidas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzThePlumber likes this.
  2. MidtownJacket

Gtbowhunter90 likes this.
  3. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

I’m still waiting for the massive change shifting from Russell to Adidas. Maybe 2020 is it?

4. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

5. Gold1

Gold1 Helluva Engineer

Hopefully it’s a much better year

6. JACKET26

JACKET26 Jolly Good Fellow

Hopefully the quality of stuff is better this year. 2018 Adidas gear was much thicker, nicer, and overall better quality. This year it seemed thinner and cheaper. To each their own - but I liked the 2018 gear better and wish I had bought more items that year

Ibeeballin likes this.
  7. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete

i agree

8. MidtownJacket

I think you all are spot on about the thickness being better in 2018, I still wear the white shoulder / blue body navy polo and quarterzip more than I do the 2019 sideline stuff and the 2019 stuff has pulls throughout it. Which is a total bummer.. workout gear shouldn't have to be washed in a separate zip baggie for delicate clothes, and yet this is where I have found myself regrettably.

JACKET26 likes this.
  9. AlabamaBuzz

AlabamaBuzz Helluva Engineer

I agree the quality and the design itself this year was terrible. I still wear my items from 2018 mainly. I do have a gold polo from 2019 I wear, but I like the one from 2018 better - it had a little more "meat" to it and the sleeves were not the t-shirt length.

JACKET26 likes this.
  10. yeti92

yeti92 Helluva Engineer

I didn't get any Adidas gear in 2018 except a t shirt, but I got several items this year and they were all crap quality. I'll be sticking with my UA stuff unless Adidas can get it together and make something of quality.

chris975d likes this.
  11. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

My complaint this year was the fit of some apparel. The game mode stuff was badly miss sized. The zip up hoodie was really bad. I’m 6’3” 195 and had to get a medium.
    There was a lot of the Sri fit type stuff I don’t care for. I want everyday t shirts.
    Now the football jersey’s were a lot better with fit and quality. They better make a gold one next year!

JACKET26 likes this.
  12. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

Holy crap y’all buy a bunch of clothes.

I just wear the same shirts until they fall apart. But I live in Wyoming and no one cares what you wear here.

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Grabbed this for 34.97 from Dicks website
    7D443995-083F-4BB0-B8E9-3FBA3C18A493.png

GT14 and JACKET26 like this.
  14. chris975d

chris975d Helluva Engineer

I’m interested to hear your feedback on that one. I ordered that in an XL (my usual size for non-GameMode adidas) and it’s laughably small. Like...can’t even wear it small. Almost like it’s a mislabeled youth XL.

15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

Damn I hate to hear that. I’ll report back.

JACKET26 likes this.
  16. MidtownJacket

Bummer

17. MidtownJacket

If anyone sees these for sale please post here. I’m definitely looking to pick up a pair.

☠CaptainBuzz☠ likes this.
  18. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

I’ve been checking on them. Still no date but I’ll definitely let you know because I’m grabbing a pair.

19. coldbeer

coldbeer Helluva Engineer

I thought the same thing about another Adidas pullover I bought (& returned) at the bookstore this fall. I wonder if they didn't unintentionally mislabel female/male garmets?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

20. chris975d

chris975d Helluva Engineer

Could be. That happened with a shipment of gold GameMode polos the bookstore got not too long ago (couple of months). I grabbed a large when the clerk pointed me to them and tried it on. My arm wouldn’t fit in the sleeve, and normally thats my gamemode polo size. Then I looked closely...there were 4 or 5 buttons on the placket vs the 3 for men’s, and they buttoned from the opposite side of men’s shirts. I said to the employee... these are women’s. Apparently the boxes said (and employees thought) otherwise, and gamemode gold women’s polos weren’t officially released. But there is/was a whole size run of them, and the never officially released thing seems true, as I’ve never seen that specific shirt sold online as a women’s shirt anywhere...look on the bookstore website, or any of the Fanatics-owned sites (ramblinwreckstore, etc) for women’s gamemode polos...you won’t find them.