2020 Adidas Swag Thread

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Like that mucho.

Also happily rocking the NMDs
ccb45ef4dd00fac375cc2704cdba9d91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m looking at picking up a pair of these but I read somewhere that they run small. Just wondering if that’s true.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m looking at picking up a pair of these but I read somewhere that they run small. Just wondering if that’s true.

I would say that’s accurate. I notice about a half size difference. But then again, I have sold Adidas shoes before, and have seen them be inconsistent in sizing within the same style when they come from different factories. My advice with adidas is to always try on, either in store, or if buying online, make sure there is a good return/exchange policy.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

I haven’t had that issue? I’m a 13 and they feel true to size. I do wear them without socks so guess that could effect things? They’re unstructured so have give in the toebox.

Milwaukee

Banned
I would say that’s accurate. I notice about a half size difference. But then again, I have sold Adidas shoes before, and have seen them be inconsistent in sizing within the same style when they come from different factories. My advice with adidas is to always try on, either in store, or if buying online, make sure there is a good return/exchange policy.

This. I have 4 pairs of NMD’s in a size 12 and they all fit differently. And my boosts run a bit small.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This. I have 4 pairs of NMD’s in a size 12 and they all fit differently. And my boosts run a bit small.
It's funny I would agree my ultraboost 19s (only have had one pair) are a bit snug, whereas this pair of NMDs feels TTS.. Wonder if it is a difference across NMD-R1 and other releases of NMDs? Again though, at least the pair I have of the NMDs fits TTS.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I would also add the ultraboosts I bought were
Parley, so that may have added to the rigidity/tightness

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
It's funny I would agree my ultraboost 19s (only have had one pair) are a bit snug, whereas this pair of NMDs feels TTS.. Wonder if it is a difference across NMD-R1 and other releases of NMDs? Again though, at least the pair I have of the NMDs fits TTS.

I just got in a pair of Ultraboost 20s (my first), and I’m having the opposite experience. The Ultraboosts feel true to size/no surprises in fit, whereas the sand NMDs I have shown in the thread are snug in the same size. But again, it’s Adidas, and they are known on our side (retail) as one of the worst companies in sizing consistency. So it’s not really out of the norm.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I just got in a pair of Ultraboost 20s (my first), and I’m having the opposite experience. The Ultraboosts feel true to size/no surprises in fit, whereas the sand NMDs I have shown in the thread are snug in the same size. But again, it’s Adidas, and they are known on our side (retail) as one of the worst companies in sizing consistency. So it’s not really out of the norm.
Yeah, I am doing a big air shrug :)

I do wonder if my UBs being Parley effected the elasticity of the weave and if that causes the snugness for me.

Either way I would agree it is unlikely that the sizes are regulated for consistency any differently in their shoes than they have been in other lines like shirts and shorts. I will say of the maybe 50 pairs of Adidas cleats, shoes, slides and sandals I have worn through my life I can't remember ever being so uncomfortable that ordering a full size either up or down felt better than my natural size. I also have never tried a half size so don't know if that would have made a difference for people on the fence.