2019 Offseason Thread

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Funny how the best year above was with Geoff Collins doing his recruiting thing, hopefully this isn't just ironic...
Well we only have the one year of data but I'm more inclined to call it an anomaly. Ideally we can hit around high 30's/low 40's maybe with a peaks into the 20's once in a blue moon. This is me being glass overflowingly full though. I don't believe we see a class rated as high as 2007 was anytime in the next 25 years.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
You want to show me where the talent level is not the same? Certainly looks to me like CPJ walked in with an average recruiting ranking of 49.5 (2005-2008) and is leaving with an average recruiting ranking of 54 so far (2016-2019).

247 Recruiting Rankings:
2002 – 53 (10th in ACC)
2003 – 38 (8th in ACC)
2004 – 48 (10th in ACC)
2005 – 70 (14th in ACC)
2006 – 62 (12th in ACC)
2007 – 15 (3rd in ACC)
2008 – 51 (10th in ACC)
2009 – 41 (7th in ACC)
2010 – 43 (8th in ACC)
2011 – 43 (11th in ACC)
2012 – 53 (10th in ACC)
2013 – 70 (11th in ACC)
2015 – 44 (8th in ACC)
2016 – 60 (11th in ACC)
2017 – 48 (9th in ACC)
2018 – 54 (10th in ACC)
2019 (so far) – 54 (11th in ACC)

You have to admit, we’ve won a helluva lot of games under both CCG and CPJ with less talent than just about anyone in the ACC, thats pretty impressive but kinda depressing at the same time...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Just curious. Can Coach Collins and staff turn our OL into an efficient run AND pass blocking unit between now and kickoff in August?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Forsyth News: South alum Jalen Camp finds a bigger role in Tech's offense
“I’m definitely optimistic about it,” Camp said. “It’s definitely a change, but I think it’ll be a good change for the receivers. Receivers don’t really enjoy the blocking or whatever, but if it needs to be done, then that’s what they’re going to do. But at the end of the day, all the receivers just want to catch the balls and get all the glamour.”

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen a few posts looking forward to throwing more (and I think everyone has seen me ask for more throwing).

One thing I loved was seeing us running on 3rd and 3 and getting it. For some reason, I keep watching the Falcons line up in a shotgun with an empty backfield on 3rd and 2, or even 3rd and 1, and it’s painful to see.

I’d love to see us keep the things I love, like going for it on 4th and 2 from the opponent’s 40.

I’m looking forward to some bigger OTs. I think we’ll be stocked at guard and center.

I look forward to great special teams play.

I look forward to the defense getting in the backfield and tackling. I look forward to tight coverage.

I look forward to a varied snap count.

I hope to see excitement and energy, but also the discipline and precision that we had in our good years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Special teams will be a whole lot better in 2019:cool:

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If GCG has two losing years out of the gate he was the wrong choice.

He may be but he certainly has a hill to climb.The team is VERY ill-balanced with WAY too many running backs, DBs and maybe now WRs--with way too few DLs esp with size and strength and maybe OLs also. .plus- No proven QB that can pass in a 70/30 pass/run rate offense. Hard to make a quick adjustment with all that. We'll see and hope him the best.

Animal02

Banned
He may be but he certainly has a hill to climb.The team is VERY ill-balanced with WAY too many running backs, DBs and maybe now WRs--with way too few DLs esp with size and strength and maybe OLs also. .plus- No proven QB that can pass in a 70/30 pass/run rate offense. Hard to make a quick adjustment with all that. We'll see and hope him the best.
A good coach would deal with the hand he is dealt, not simply try to impose his way regardless of the results.