2019 Offseason Thread

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I'm really hoping that the players really buy in to what the new staff is trying to do. Back when Bobby Ross was hired this was a bit of a problem with some kids (not all of them) and it really wasn't until year 3 that he had enough of his guys along with the ones from before who were totally bought in that things turned. I have a feeling that Geoff will get a good amount of buy-in from the current players who stay (I'm sure some will transfer, that just happens when you have coaching changes). I hope that physically they are ready to make the transitions needed.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
UGAG RB Elijah Holifield is going pro
UGAg TE Nauta and WR Hardman are going pro.
My dad heard this and was saying makes him wonder if the NCAA is going to come down on UGA (of course doubtful) but those guys could have benefited from staying another year, just kinda weird that they are leaving. I don’t think he knew of Hardman leaving to though.

Animal02

Banned
I'm really hoping that the players really buy in to what the new staff is trying to do. Back when Bobby Ross was hired this was a bit of a problem with some kids (not all of them) and it really wasn't until year 3 that he had enough of his guys along with the ones from before who were totally bought in that things turned. I have a feeling that Geoff will get a good amount of buy-in from the current players who stay (I'm sure some will transfer, that just happens when you have coaching changes). I hope that physically they are ready to make the transitions needed.
Buy in will mean little to nothing if we run the same "everything" that every other school does. It then comes down to the "jimmies and Joe's" and coaching....i.e he will need to out recruit and or out coach the competition. We shall see...........

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
MikeJacket1967,
Not meaning to go off course with this thread, but I think next year, players should be awarded helmet stickers for outstanding plays.
4382.jpg

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Buy in will mean little to nothing if we run the same "everything" that every other school does. It then comes down to the "jimmies and Joe's" and coaching....i.e he will need to out recruit and or out coach the competition. We shall see...........

We aren’t going to “out-recruit” people much in the next few weeks. I’m talking about what I hope for the 2019 off-season leading to the 2019 season on the field.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Here is the Sporting News 2019 Pre Preseason College Football Top 25

1)Alabama
2)Clemson
3)Georgia
4)Oklahoma
5)Ohio State
6)Texas
7)LSU
8)Notre Dame
9)Florida
10)Michigan
11)Texas A&M
12)Penn State
13)Oregon
14)Washington
15)Mississippi State
16)Auburn
17)Army
18)UCF
19)Washington State
20)Syracuse
21)Stanford
22)Wisconsin
23)Iowa State
24)Northwestern
25)Minnesota

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...on-top-25-for-2019/1r9osjd86wpdr1alq91g458llh

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's my 2019 Preseason Top 30

1)Alabama
2)Clemson
3)Oklahoma
4)Texas
5)Ohio State
6)UGAG
7)Michigan
8)Texas A&M
9)Notre Dame