2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (Overall)

Deleted member 2897

If Auburn wins the CWS will it make y’all feel better, or worse?

Yes. :D

Better because after all we did lose to the national champion. Worse because we handed it to them on a silver platter. And worse because the #2 seed should have been someone with an RPI around 35-40, not in the teens. The whole situation and the whole way our region played out was just stupid.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have near the distaste for SEC teams in baseball that I do in football. That said, I do t want auburn to win, (irregardless of the fact they beat us). I wouldn’t mind seeing MS St winning it. After all, they do have to return to Starkville once it’s over, so they need some consolation.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
What does everyone think of CWS format regarding seeds? A team's position in CWS bracket was set when tournament field/bracket was set back on selection day. In other words... Michigan is playing CWS from #1 overall seed spot. Granted... they did beat UCLA in super regional in LA. BUT this seems like something @bwelbo would have a tiny opinion on.

The result... here are Rd1 CWS matchups with the top8 ("chalk" team in parenthesis)

Bracket1
MICH (#1UCLA) v #8 Texas Tech
FSU (#4 UGA) v #5 Arkansas

Bracket2
#2 Vandy v #7 Louisville
Auburn (#3 Ga Tech) v #6 Miss St

A "reseed" should probably look like this:

B1
#1Vandy v #8FSU
#4Louisville v #5TexasTech

B2
#2Arkansas v #7Michigan
#3MissSt v #6Auburn

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What does everyone think of CWS format regarding seeds? A team's position in CWS bracket was set when tournament field/bracket was set back on selection day. In other words... Michigan is playing CWS from #1 overall seed spot. Granted... they did beat UCLA in super regional in LA. BUT this seems like something @bwelbo would have a tiny opinion on.

The result... here are Rd1 CWS matchups with the top8 ("chalk" team in parenthesis)

Bracket1

Bracket2
#2 Vandy v #7 Louisville

B1
#1Vandy v #8FSU

B2
#2Arkansas v #7Michigan
#3MissSt v #6Auburn
I don't really have a problem with it. I just have a problem with the way home and away is determined during regionals. The host team should always be home.

Deleted member 2897

Bracket1

Bracket2
#2 Vandy v #7 Louisville

B1
#1Vandy v #8FSU

B2
#2Arkansas v #7Michigan
#3MissSt v #6Auburn

I can’t seem to find an opinion on this! :D

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I still don’t understand the hand wringing over drawing Auburn. They had a high RPI, yes, but you can get a high RPI from playing and losing to good teams. At the time of the regionals, they had a worse winning percentage against the top 50 RPI than, say, FSU. They had just happened to play (and lose to) more of those teams.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No hand wringing by me over drawing Auburn. As you say, if you want to advance you have to beat good teams.

What continues to amaze me is how (almost) random baseball is as a sport. Michigan plays Texas Tech during the regular season, and got swept. And the games generally weren't close (11-2, 10-3, 8-5). They finished the regular season limping badly, losing their last two Big Ten series to Indiana and Nebraska...so no momentum on their side. They (like FSU) are one of the Last Four In. Now, in post-season, they get hot, take out the #1 National Seed and yesterday beat Texas Tech 5-3. So, for folks who feel like "we should have beaten Auburn"......please explain Michigan's post-season run to me. (Or FSU's, for that matter.)

Baseball is just a cruel sport where very often the best team does not win. <shrugs>

It actually does give me some hope that if your pitching can get hot in post-season, you can advance no matter how bad you were in the regular season (as long as you get into the Tournament).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Not shedding any tears that Vandy beat Louiville today. Not sure why Vandy was wearing brown today, but those were still sharp looking uniforms.
Vandy wore those Army outfits the last time I saw then play. I would like to think it was a tribute, but I think it is just their awful taste in colors. And Louisville's uni's also stink in my opinion. Black is a good representative of Satan or death.

Vandy wore those Army outfits the last time I saw then play. I would like to think it was a tribute, but I think it is just their awful taste in colors. And Louisville's uni's also stink in my opinion. Black is a good representative of Satan or death.
I sorta liked Vandy's uniforms, at least the way they looked today. I don't know if the had the stars and stripes on them prior to the CWS, but they were very classy looking today IMO. I agree about Louisville; nothing more needs to be said there.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don't really have a problem with it. I just have a problem with the way home and away is determined during regionals. The host team should always be home.

If that were the rule, we would have been more of a laughing stock as well as feeling more like crap.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Ha ha ha! I gave up and went to bed after the 8th inning. Auburn gave the game away in the ninth with sloppy defense. 5=4 final.