gtrower

Helluva Engineer
D1 baseball's final "projection" I think this would be just fine #6 overall:
GA Tech
Arizona St
FL Atlantic
Mercer

Stanford at #11 SR pair

Also read comments... Louisville folks not happy about Ga Tech's situation compared theirs. (y)

https://d1baseball.com/projections/final-college-baseball-projected-field-of-64-may-26/

Louisville just has no argument over Tech at this point.

GT: 41-17 (22-12), 8 RPI, 11 SOS, 11 non-ACC SOS, 19-11 Q1, 12-8 RPI Top 20
L: 43-15 (21-11), 9 RPI, 31 SOS, 114 non-ACC SOS, 17-12 Q1, 6-4 RPI Top 20

They have two extra wins after playing a pitiful non-conference schedule. And we passed them in ACC wins in the tournament. We have a better resume before you bring in the H2H road series win. And that ends all argument.

Interesting. Baseball America seeds Georgia Tech no. 9 in the Regionals.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64/

That’s absurd.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
In this morning’s AJC, Ken Sugiura reports that GT has an RPI of 8, and it might not be enough for the Committee to give the Jackets a seeding in the top 8.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/georgia-tech-earns-ncaa-regional/FqsWXvwYSaoUe3nOBwwJOM/

No offense to Ken, but his level of analysis here was very low. To paraphrase, "an RPI of 8 puts you on the bubble to being a top a seed." Did not compare any team vs team specifics. Once you research the specifics of teams challenging us, it is easy to realize Ken's opinion is uninformed.

slugboy

Staff member
No offense to Ken, but his level of analysis here was very low. To paraphrase, "an RPI of 8 puts you on the bubble to being a top a seed." Did not compare any team vs team specifics. Once you research the specifics of teams challenging us, it is easy to realize Ken's opinion is uninformed.

But we are on the bubble of hosting a super regional. Admittedly, it’s on the “last 4 in” instead of “the last 4 out”, but we’re still in doubt here

If we’d won yesterday, we’d be sure right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
But we are on the bubble of hosting a super regional. Admittedly, it’s on the “last 4 in” instead of “the last 4 out”, but we’re still in doubt here

If we’d won yesterday, we’d be sure right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken isn't necessarily wrong, I just don't agree with how he got there. Not very thorough.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
It's a Tech tradition to fall just short.
The inexcusable 1990 AP football poll.
Two Final Fours and no championships
The golf team has finished second at nationals at least twice--and yesterday missed the cut by 3 stokes out of 900.

Baseball was one of the worst. 1994 we played OK for the championship. Double elimination--except that year for TV, they decided that the Tech-OU game would be for the championship, even though OU had a loss and Tech did not. We got a bad call at the plate in that game, and our All American catcher and team leader Jason Varitek let it get to his head and we played poorly after that. Lost badly to OU.

That's my analysis of why we won't be a national seed. We'll be number 9. Just short.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In the end, we have to win no matter where they put us...but I still just don’t see how we can’t be a national seed. Baseball america’s reasoning for not having us as a national seed:

ieattorney

Georgia Tech Fan
In the end, we have to win no matter where they put us...but I still just don’t see how we can’t be a national seed. Baseball america’s reasoning for not having us as a national seed:

I gotta say... it is ok if we come up short today seeding-wise. It could end up being insignificant. Last year only half of the top 8 survived their regional. Regardless of what happens today... Ga Tech has a good shot to play at home 2 weekends in a row here.

Obviously, top 8 locks that possibility up.
I gotta say... it is ok if we come up short today seeding-wise. It could end up being insignificant. Last year only half of the top 8 survived their regional. Regardless of what happens today... Ga Tech has a good shot to play at home 2 weekends in a row here.

Obviously, top 8 locks that possibility up.
In the end, we have to win no matter where they put us...but I still just don’t see how we can’t be a national see

d. Baseball america’s reasoning for not having us as a national seed: