2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Nat'l Seed Watch

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Holy cow balls. Louisville is 19-8. We are 17-9.

We have 1 @ Duke and 3 home vs Pitt.
They have 3 home vs FSU.

We beat Duke tomorrow and we’re 18-9, behind by 1 game. A sweep then of Pitt and they go 2-1 against FSU and we win the Coastal and the entire ACC.

I’m saying there’s a chance.

Lucy has the ball teed up.......... but .......

Is this offensive explosion the most in 20 years? Or more?

This team is scary in a 3 game series. Another away series win. Wow.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Uga just lost to auburn

Beautiful loss in extra innings. Extra snap on the whip. Go Auburn @ 1700 game. Love to see ugag fall out of National Seed.

Now for Miami to lose to WF. 1-1 M2.

Ain't it fun to be relevant again? Forgot the feeling but it's superlative and sublime. And f'ing fabulous.

Deleted member 2897

Beautiful loss in extra innings. Extra snap on the whip. Go Auburn @ 1700 game. Love to see ugag fall out of National Seed.

Now for Miami to lose to WF. 1-1 M2.

Ain't it fun to be relevant again? Forgot the feeling but it's superlative and sublime. And f'ing fabulous.

Good news, good perspective, clever trolling, and a little bit of gloating. That’s a 5-star post.

Deleted member 2897

Arkansas also lost, so they backed up to us as well.

Tennessee lost last night, so they dropped further behind.

ECU tied in the 8th with a #115 RPI team.

Many interesting games tonight.

Deleted member 2897

Arkansas lost - they finish @Texas A&M. They are 1 spot ahead in RPI. We can catch them! East Carolina plays Campbell and then Memphis. “Okay” teams that could leave a mark if they steal a game.

If we have a good last week we could finish as high as 5 it looks...even if we win out we could still finish maybe 8th as it also depends on what others do.

Ramblin'Man

Banned
Lucy has the ball teed up.......... but .......

Is this offensive explosion the most in 20 years? Or more?

This team is scary in a 3 game series. Another away series win. Wow.

Lucy does have the ball teed up, please don't yank it away............our offense has fire power like I haven't seen in a long time. If we had a healthy X and Hurter still pitching then I would say I would fully expect us to make it to Omaha, but with those injuries I sadly expect Lucy to yank the ball away, prove me wrong CDH, you block head

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Lucy does have the ball teed up, please don't yank it away............our offense has fire power like I haven't seen in a long time. If we had a healthy X and Hurter still pitching then I would say I would fully expect us to make it to Omaha, but with those injuries I sadly expect Lucy to yank the ball away, prove me wrong CDH, you block head
This actually is spot on to what I feel as well.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
If we have a good last week we could finish as high as 5 it looks...even if we win out we could still finish maybe 8th as it also depends on what others do.

RPI needs report says we're essentially a lock for top 16, and we can get top 8 if we win out, for what it's worth. That's taking into account that we play Pitt, too.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
UGA 2-2, Louisville losing the weekend series. Honestly I think we could finish 3-2 with a Pitt series win and still grab a seed now. We should be above both of them in the pecking order now.

Deleted member 2897

The gleam is coming off Stanford. Sure, D1 is still ranking them #3, but they just got outscored by 10 runs in a series against a #37 team. They also had to come from behind at the end of one of the games to even win that one. I don't think you'll see them in the top 10 this time next week.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here are some Q's & A's I cherry picked from a BA piece.

What does Georgia Tech have to do in its final series vs. Pitt and then in the ACC Tournament to earn a Top 8 overall seed?

Teddy Cahill: I don't think this is Georgia Tech operating in a vacuum. It needs to win as much as it can because Texas Tech has been red hot, ECU is holding a top-eight seed right now, Louisville is probably going to finish ahead of Georgia Tech in the standings and those SEC teams aren't moving out of the way on their own. So I don't see a minimum amount of work that GT can do. It's right on that bubble right now and it can't let off the gas.

-----------------------------------------

How much of a difference does a Coastal Division title make for Georgia Tech's national seed case? Let's say they win of 3 v Pitt this weekend but Miami wins the Coastal. Are they out of Top 8 entering ACCT?

Teddy Cahill: I think it would help. But if, say Miami won the Coastal and Georgia Tech won the ACC Tournament, then it wouldn't matter. The Yellow Jackets are one of a couple teams living that top-eight seed bubble life right now.

For a seeded team in a regional would you pitch your number 2 or 3 starter in the first game against the weaker opponent?

Teddy Cahill: Depends on who the No. 4 seed was. Not all fours are created equal. Also would depend on the rest of the draw and how my team set up. In general, I wouldn't be afraid of doing it, but there's a ton that goes into that decision.

How important are mid-week games in building the Top 25 in your mind? I know those games are important in seeding, but it seems that with the regionals/super regionals and CWS being structured the way they are now (i.e. more spaced out and you can get by with fewer pitchers) teams with the best weekend rotation have a decisive advantage in postseason -- regardless of mid-week performance.

Teddy Cahill: To me, they're not particularly. That's not a universally held opinion among those of us that that put the Top 25 together, however. They are very useful for building RPI and getting younger players some work, but when it comes to evaluating teams, it's not a significant consideration for me. Ultimately you need to win them because it is a good measure of overall depth and we do look at overall records, obviously, but no one midweek game is going to make or break you in the Top 25.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Here are some Q's & A's I cherry picked from a BA piece.

What does Georgia Tech have to do in its final series vs. Pitt and then in the ACC Tournament to earn a Top 8 overall seed?

Teddy Cahill: I don't think this is Georgia Tech operating in a vacuum. It needs to win as much as it can because Texas Tech has been red hot, ECU is holding a top-eight seed right now, Louisville is probably going to finish ahead of Georgia Tech in the standings and those SEC teams aren't moving out of the way on their own. So I don't see a minimum amount of work that GT can do. It's right on that bubble right now and it can't let off the gas.

How much of a difference does a Coastal Division title make for Georgia Tech's national seed case? Let's say they win of 3 v Pitt this weekend but Miami wins the Coastal. Are they out of Top 8 entering ACCT?

Teddy Cahill: I think it would help. But if, say Miami won the Coastal and Georgia Tech won the ACC Tournament, then it wouldn't matter. The Yellow Jackets are one of a couple teams living that top-eight seed bubble life right now.

For a seeded team in a regional would you pitch your number 2 or 3 starter in the first game against the weaker opponent?

Teddy Cahill: Depends on who the No. 4 seed was. Not all fours are created equal. Also would depend on the rest of the draw and how my team set up. In general, I wouldn't be afraid of doing it, but there's a ton that goes into that decision.

How important are mid-week games in building the Top 25 in your mind? I know those games are important in seeding, but it seems that with the regionals/super regionals and CWS being structured the way they are now (i.e. more spaced out and you can get by with fewer pitchers) teams with the best weekend rotation have a decisive advantage in postseason -- regardless of mid-week performance.

Teddy Cahill: To me, they're not particularly. That's not a universally held opinion among those of us that that put the Top 25 together, however. They are very useful for building RPI and getting younger players some work, but when it comes to evaluating teams, it's not a significant consideration for me. Ultimately you need to win them because it is a good measure of overall depth and we do look at overall records, obviously, but no one midweek game is going to make or break you in the Top 25.

That may have been written before last night's game, but at this point sweeping Pitt means we win the Coastal.