2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
People who haven't posted all year will complain from their parents' basement when things don't turn out great.

Disappointed with the ending, but a heck of a season. I'm so proud of this team. They never quit and had one of the more fun years that I can remember. We'll see what the draft does this week, but I'm feeling good about next year right now.
We’ve done this over and over and over though, I’ve followed this team for years & countless times we’ve been the #1 seed & hosted & watched someone else win & a lot of those times we were a top ten team & lost to much inferior teams , it gets old

Deleted member 2897

We lost a coin flip for home team

No S Sherlock. LOL. That’s the whole point. The better seed team hosting the regional should be the home team LOLOLOL. The fact we’re flipping a coin is a hilariously pitiful sad joke.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure understand your premise. The coach doesn't make us think anything... as least not preseason rankings. We were unranked. We won 44 games (I think). Lost less than 20. That is outstanding... top10 stuff. I can't just dismiss all that over this weekend.

Take a look at the bracket. Quite a few top 10 quality well coached programs are done too.

It happens in baseball... more than other sports. Just the way it is.
Postseason is what counts .. as I mentioned earlier I’ve seen this happen a million times , we host & are ranked far & above the other teams & usually always lose , why?

Deleted member 2897

The candy azz days of Dodd scheduling are over - we can not be the home team every freaking game.

It is in the damn rules of the tournament. It applied to a whole bunch of teams - not just poor ole us.

Some are acting like the home team gets another 1/2 inning at bat.

I didn’t say any of that. But nice post otherwise.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I’d buy more of the arguments if it weren’t a pattern. Plenty of teams win regionals in Atlanta. All of them since 2006, actually. But never win them on the road.

#1 seeds don’t seem to have a problem when we’re their #2.

Deleted member 2897

Postseason is what counts .. as I mentioned earlier I’ve seen this happen a million times , we host & are ranked far & above the other teams & usually always lose , why?

You ought to go look at the rankings again. We didn’t draw the #29 team. We drew a team in the teens LOL.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We’ve done this over and over and over though, I’ve followed this team for years & countless times we’ve been the #1 seed & hosted & watched someone else win & a lot of those times we were a top ten team & lost to much inferior teams , it gets old
Fine, then stop watching. We don't need fair-weather fans. I'm disappointed with the ending, but it happens in baseball. Teams get hot or cold at the right or wrong time and injuries can devastate anyone. With Hurter and Curry, we probably go to Omaha this year and it's as simple as that.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The candy azz days of Dodd scheduling are over - we can not be the home team every freaking game.

It is in the damn rules of the tournament. It applied to a whole bunch of teams - not just poor ole us.

Some are acting like the home team gets another 1/2 inning at bat.
Some on here can’t just call a spade a spade , this is a huge disappointment

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
It should also be pointed out that after Serratos was kicked off, we essentially had zero depth on offense as well. Now you can argue whose fault, if anyone, that was, but I think that played a big role in some of the struggles in offense the last 2 weeks. The same 9 guys out there every game for 2 months and I think some started to wear down mentally and physically.

Deleted member 2897

We were the #3 team , we should’ve won !!

Yep. It’s a shame we couldn’t just stamp our #3 feet and get a golden buzzer straight to Omaha.

Seriously, go look at the RPIs. We’re #11, Auburn is #13. We significantly outplayed them 3 of the 4 games this year, but it’s when you do it and how the games end that matter.

Deleted member 2897

Titles are won in postseason , I’d rather barely make the tourney & win it rather than dominate in regular season & lose in tourney

Oh, that’s how you get there? NOW you tell us? LOL. Why didn’t CDH play Xzay and Hurter at ALL in the Regional? Fire his ***! :rolleyes:

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Fine, then stop watching. We don't need fair-weather fans. I'm disappointed with the ending, but it happens in baseball. Teams get hot or cold at the right or wrong time and injuries can devastate anyone. With Hurter and Curry, we probably go to Omaha this year and it's as simple as that.
I’m not a fairweather fan , I’m saying these postseason disappointments have been happening for years & years , not just this year . And everybody has injuries , why does this fan base seemed to blame injuries so much . Is the acc overrated ? Is hall that bad of a postseason coach? Or are we cursed ? This has happened a ton of times last 20 yrs

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
It should also be pointed out that after Serratos was kicked off, we essentially had zero depth on offense as well. Now you can argue whose fault, if anyone, that was, but I think that played a big role in some of the struggles in offense the last 2 weeks. The same 9 guys out there every game for 2 months and I think some started to wear down mentally and physically.
We did not “essentially have zero depth on offense”.

Baseball isn’t like football, you don’t need 21 great batters. We actually had more depth than anyone in the country sans Vandy.

Deleted member 2897

I’m not a fairweather fan , I’m saying these postseason disappointments have been happening for years & years , not just this year . And everybody has injuries , why does this fan base seemed to blame injuries so much . Is the acc overrated ? Is hall that bad of a postseason coach? Or are we cursed ? This has happened a ton of times last 20 yrs

We are without 2 of our 3 weekend pitchers. Take 2/3rds of any key position block in any sport and see what happens. It’s amazing we finished the season out the way we did.

Matt E

GT Athlete
We are without 2 of our 3 weekend pitchers. Take 2/3rds of any key position block in any sport and see what happens. It’s amazing we finished the season out the way we did.

I hear you, but we didn’t lose either of the games in this regional because of poor pitching. Horrid base running, sloppy defense, and ice cold bat against Auburn twice did us in. If pitching were the issue, I’d gladly agree with the argument.

Deleted member 2897

Georgia was ranked ahead of us all season long and still are. They lost their Region to FSU. It happens in baseball. Auburn is #13 and FSU is #35. The #2 over there FAU is #39. And Georgia lost. Against much easier opposite seeds.

Deleted member 2897

I hear you, but we didn’t lose either of the games in this regional because of poor pitching. Horrid base running, sloppy defense, and ice cold bat against Auburn twice did us in. If pitching were the issue, I’d gladly agree with the argument.

I was responding to someone else’s post implying injuries didn’t matter. Yea, 3 hits today against bad pitchers is no bueno.