2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Just did a quick search of FA&M and don’t see anything about their Friday games that would make us worry about an ace that would steal a game. Didn’t dive in too deep though.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/schedule/Florida-AM

They were a pretty bad team before getting hot in the MEAC tournament. Should seriously consider saving Willingham. Unless X is back and then you throw either of them.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just did a quick search of FA&M and don’t see anything about their Friday games that would make us worry about an ace that would steal a game. Didn’t dive in too deep though.

They were a pretty bad team before getting hot in the MEAC tournament. Should seriously consider saving Willingham. Unless X is back and then you throw either of them.
#235 RPI
2-13 v top 150 (Q1-Q3)
0-4 v top 100 (Q1-Q2)

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Was just trying to think what the best option would be. CT on Saturday for me regardless. Downside to not pitching Willingham on Friday is that we would have to utilize more bullpen Friday with any other starter. I think CDH will go with Amos in Friday and hope to get 7 innings from him. Then Sunday/Monday we should have just about everyone available to piece together a game or so. And it gives Curry a couple more days to rest...I don’t think we can expect Curry to go more than 60 pitches at best since he hasn’t been out there in three weeks.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Skimming Auburn/CC schedules (again not a deep dive and don’t know their rosters) I don’t see anything to suggest either has a bracket-busting arm at their disposal. Gotta feel pretty damn good about how these played out. Still have to actually win the games. I remember watching our season crumble when Pope got hurt in G1 10ish years ago. Anything can happen. But the stage is set.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Was just trying to think what the best option would be. CT on Saturday for me regardless. Downside to not pitching Willingham on Friday is that we would have to utilize more bullpen Friday with any other starter. I think CDH will go with Amos in Friday and hope to get 7 innings from him. Then Sunday/Monday we should have just about everyone available to piece together a game or so. And it gives Curry a couple more days to rest...I don’t think we can expect Curry to go more than 60 pitches at best since he hasn’t been out there in three weeks.

Agree. CT Saturday no matter what. He’s used to pitching on Saturday, and he’s our best in a game that will be very important regardless of the G1 result.

I’d argue we can afford to use some bullpen arms on Friday because we can reasonably expect CT to go deep in G2.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Has anybody seen a schedule for the whole weekend? I assume the game times are set regardless out the outcomes of previous games. Assume the winners of G 1/2 will play the later game Saturday. But it would be nice to know when that is.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Has anybody seen a schedule for the whole weekend? I assume the game times are set regardless out the outcomes of previous games. Assume the winners of G 1/2 will play the later game Saturday. But it would be nice to know when that is.
At the risk of being an ***... click on the link in the post just prior to yours. ;)

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
12/7 Fri, 1/7 Sat, 12/6 Sun, 12 Mon.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Skimming Auburn/CC schedules (again not a deep dive and don’t know their rosters) I don’t see anything to suggest either has a bracket-busting arm at their disposal. Gotta feel pretty damn good about how these played out. Still have to actually win the games. I remember watching our season crumble when Pope got hurt in G1 10ish years ago. Anything can happen. But the stage is set.

Auburn has 2 very good weekend starters but both have had injuries off and on. One wasn’t even available in the SEC Tourney. So like X, a lot of questions. Either Owen or Burns could pitch against us and be dominant. Or they might could only go a few innings. Coastal looks like they mash the ball and win a lot of games 10-8. Sounds like a good setup for Connor.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-5-27_14-37-24.jpeg

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Just snagged 3 Regional Passes. Still a ton available. Gotta get those bought up - especially on the 3B (home) sideline. Auburn will travel well. Probably have enough fans already in Atlanta to buy up a lot of those.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Guys! Wow! What great and exciting news about GT 3rd seed.
I was reading up on the other teams, so when I go next weekend I'll be in the loop of teams like CC. Any thoughts on CC?
I don't think you can sleep on any team in our bracket.
Here's what Baseball America says:

Most Dangerous Lower Seeds

Everyone is looking for this year’s Cinderella, a team like Kent State or Stony Brook that can make a run to the College World Series despite being a No. 3 or 4 seed in its regional. Here are this year’s most dangerous No. 3 and 4 seeds.

Three Seeds

Coastal Carolina — The Chanticleers didn’t have the regular season they would have liked, but this was a Top 25 team for much of the first half of the season, so the potential to get through a regional is clearly there. As a team, Coastal is hitting .309/.418/.506 with 87 home runs, and it got a relatively favorable draw in going to Atlanta to face off with Auburn and potentially Georgia Tech. Those are two teams whose pitching staffs have been compromised due to injury, which could creative a very offense-minded regional, and that plays into Coastal’s hand. The Chanticleers are also hot, having won five straight games to win the Sun Belt Tournament.