2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course you are correct. Whatever you say about this entire post is fine and correct.

If you say the referenced picture is correct you are right. No problem.

If you think the all blue uni is correct for GT every game you are correct. Cool by me.

If we never have gold shirts ever who cares unless you think it would be correct. Again fine by me.

White hat, black shirts, blue pants - excellent.

Glad I have been able to read all the posts.

I just hope if blue, or black, or gray, or red, or green, or any color is used as the majority color in our unis that someone at GT will eventually just be honest about it.

I have no problem whatever you, Adidas, and GTAA decides.
You are correct in the part where you said I was correct

Last edited:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts? Last night.

5c70c1cd5f96f.image.jpg

1fb48fa1903a407d9c98d295d99f326e.jpg

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to repost what I posted on the earlier pages of this thread. The numbers on this jersey... (y). Best color on a uniform in a while

View attachment 5241

Good example of a dark gold that shows up well on white. I really think we "compromised" to a "Tech Gold" that Adidas wanted to provide, but I am not part of the inner circle, so who knows.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Dear Adidas:

Please just go back to our 2006 uniform combo but replace the R with your Adidas logo and sprinkle in the 1 new combo for 2019:

1 - *home* Gold helmets with gold jerseys with dark blue numbers and white pants at home
View attachment 5243
2- *away* Gold helmets with white jerseys with dark blue numbers and gold pants on the road
View attachment 5244
View attachment 5247
3 - *Throwback* white helmet with ugly mustard tops with white pants for 1 game
View attachment 5245
4 - Now also sprinkle in this new 2019 white helmet without the stinger with white jerseys with gold numbers and gold pants for 1 game
View attachment 5246
5 - Gold helmet with blue jersey with WHITE numbers with white pants for any postseason games
View attachment 5248

If you don't love every one of these then I don't want to know you. End of thread.

Love every one of them. Use them consistently as you have suggested and be done with it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if there is any other universities (or institutes) in the nation that would have 563 comments arguing about the colors of their uniforms!!!????!!!
Let's go with white & gold with a border color of navy blue or black & WIN SOME GAMES!!!!

Nah, that makes too much sense. This reminds me of the old Charlie Brown cartoon where he is playing cowboys and Indians with Lucy and they are commenting back and forth about who shot who with their play guns. Linus is observing this and says to Charlie Brown, "You really enjoy playing cowboys and Indians, don't you Charlie Brown?" "I hate playing the game," Charlie Brown replies, "Its the arguing I like".

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Are the Hawks every color now?

I've seen them in red, black, white, blue, green, highlighter yellow, and now gold. lol

Nah the NBA just understands how to make money and that the brand of the team is strong regardless how many different uniforms they wear. For every new alternate and throwback, you appeal to a different fan that likes that style or era uniform more, which may lead to them buying merchandise that they might not have bought without the introduction of the alternate or throwback design.

Milwaukee

Banned
Nah the NBA just understands how to make money and that the brand of the team is strong regardless how many different uniforms they wear. For every new alternate and throwback, you appeal to a different fan that likes that style or era uniform more, which may lead to them buying merchandise that they might not have bought without the introduction of the alternate or throwback design.

Alabama struggles to sell merchandise with their simplistic unis. You're spot on.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Alabama struggles to sell merchandise with their simplistic unis. You're spot on.

I didn’t say that teams that didn’t do alternates struggled to sell, especially the teams winning multiple championships. I said having alternates/throwbacks allows you to reach people that might like that jersey more than the regular jersey and get them to buy merchandise. Thus creating revenue from someone you wouldn’t have reached without said alternate/throwback.

RWGT87

Georgia Tech Fan
Equally bad IMO is the excessive use of blue uniforms by the women's basketball team, as well as all the blue we have had over the Danny Hall years on the baseball uniforms. At least the baseball caps have the interlocking GT logo; the women's basketball uniforms have little at all to indicate that they are Georgia Tech.

Yeah, about that........
Baseball_Uni_Website.jpg

I am liking the T. I think there's some history with the T. I often joke with coworkers that there's only one "TECH" because GT used to use just a T as their logo. I guess you are not a fan, especially on a blue cap.

Last edited:
Yeah, about that........
View attachment 5256

I am liking the T. I think there's some history with the T. I often joke with coworkers that there's only one "TECH" because GT used to use just a T as their logo. I guess you are not a fan, especially on a blue cap.
That's somewhat surprising. It may be a good looking uniform, and is much better looking than some they wear, but correct, I don't like the blue