2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Equally bad IMO is the excessive use of blue uniforms by the women's basketball team, as well as all the blue we have had over the Danny Hall years on the baseball uniforms. At least the baseball caps have the interlocking GT logo; the women's basketball uniforms have little at all to indicate that they are Georgia Tech.

Milwaukee

Banned
Looks like we may have lost more important games wearing blue than we have won.

It was because of the blue unis, too. Just like we lost so many games this year in the Adidas unis when all summer long we heard the players, especially our o-line, talk about how much more range of motion they provide which in return helps them play better and block better. I'm telling you, the unis make the difference on the scoreboard. I swear to God they do.

I'm just being a smartass but you get the point.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Heisman, I like your style!

The Institute. We can do that. We are Georgia Tech.

Uniforms man, uniforms. As a fan base, we are more concerned about shade of gold, blue pants, gold helmets, white helmets, stingers, gold jerseys, white jerseys and so forth than any fan base in the country. Its what we do at the Institute.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
With gold pants
24379CA5-0AA4-451B-AB7A-3916F1417891.jpeg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So this uniform is not good enough in representing our colors?
View attachment 5240

Of course you are correct. Whatever you say about this entire post is fine and correct.

If you say the referenced picture is correct you are right. No problem.

If you think the all blue uni is correct for GT every game you are correct. Cool by me.

If we never have gold shirts ever who cares unless you think it would be correct. Again fine by me.

White hat, black shirts, blue pants - excellent.

Glad I have been able to read all the posts.

I just hope if blue, or black, or gray, or red, or green, or any color is used as the majority color in our unis that someone at GT will eventually just be honest about it.

I have no problem whatever you, Adidas, and GTAA decides.

Milwaukee

Banned
Dear Adidas:

Please just go back to our 2006 uniform combo but replace the R with your Adidas logo and sprinkle in the 1 new combo for 2019:

1 - *home* Gold helmets with gold jerseys with dark blue numbers and white pants at home
michael_johnson.jpg

2- *away* Gold helmets with white jerseys with dark blue numbers and gold pants on the road
l341e2bac0000_1_7584.jpg

Choice_07_ND_td.jpg

3 - *Throwback* white helmet with ugly mustard tops with white pants for 1 game
ea8f647d4915bb6d743760caaacc7495.jpg

4 - Now also sprinkle in this new 2019 white helmet without the stinger with white jerseys with gold numbers and gold pants for 1 game
IMG_20190222_160632.jpg

5 - Gold helmet with blue jersey with WHITE numbers with white pants for any postseason games
gettyimages-120943711-612x612.jpg

If you don't love every one of these then I don't want to know you. End of thread.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Disagree with using any kind of alternates for postseason games. There is a reason no program that knows what they're doing with marketing does that.... because it's the time you should be showcasing your primary brand and what defines you to a larger audience.

Best primary whites - 1998
gettyimages-72388098-1024x1024.jpg

Best gold alternates - 2000 Gator Bowl
gettyimages-72557136-612x612.jpg

Best blue for once a season - 2006 ACCCG
gettyimages-76101170-612x612.jpg

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
The white and gold together at the bottom of your post lacks visual “pop”. That’s a big no-no in graphic design and corporate identity/logo design. There’s just not enough contrast for the casual observer to notice it and have it stand out from any background visual noise. It also creates big problems trying to read numbers and names on jerseys at a distance in a stadium. That is why navy blue and sometimes black is used as trim or outlines.

It doesn’t help that Tech gold is a muted version of the color. Many people hated the darker mustard gold but it had better pop against white and I think that’s part of the reason why it was used in the past.

If you can't define what "pop" is then it's probably not a real thing. I think you're just opening up the old "shade of gold" argument which is an ancillary argument to how the two colors should be used. Agree that dark navy blue should always be used for a border color to provide contrast.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
If you can't define what "pop" is then it's probably not a real thing. I think you're just opening up the old "shade of gold" argument which is an ancillary argument to how the two colors should be used. Agree that dark navy blue should always be used for a border color to provide contrast.

Disregard this post. Just realized you were talking about the new institutional wordmarks. They would be better served with dark Navy outline.