2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Milwaukee

Banned
I didn’t say that teams that didn’t do alternates struggled to sell, especially the teams winning multiple championships. I said having alternates/throwbacks allows you to reach people that might like that jersey more than the regular jersey and get them to buy merchandise. Thus creating revenue from someone you wouldn’t have reached without said alternate/throwback.

Sounds like you said a lot then.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Why would the announcer say Tech was in black if they were not? He was there.
Very hard to distinguish a true dark Navy from black, particularly in low light conditions, look at some of the Braves hats/unis. But then I am red/green color blind.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So this uniform is not good enough in representing our colors?
View attachment 5240
This, to me, is what we should be. Regarding shades of gold, I remember the gold color of our rat hats to be perfect. Trim should be dark Navy, nearly black. Now all we have to do is pick the correct shade of white, which should be easy, and we can all go on to discussing more interesting and serious topics. :)

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Obvious solution -

White hat with chameleon, color changing logo decal on helmet. But not interlocking GT. 2 separate letters in case we want a game with just the "T" on the hat.

Black shirt with White numbers.

Solid color Blue pants.

Grayish/Charcoal color shoes.

Yellowish Gold shoe laces.

White out game - Head to Toe either solid Black or Solid Blue

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It’d be cool to see this type of football uni with a navy helmet
Dont often post on colors.
Agree that this uni w blue would be great.

My favorite
This year we wore the same w gold w white letters . With bright sun they were hard to distinguish. Letters and numbers should have a thick blue border. The blue trim would look great.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Nah the NBA just understands how to make money and that the brand of the team is strong regardless how many different uniforms they wear. For every new alternate and throwback, you appeal to a different fan that likes that style or era uniform more, which may lead to them buying merchandise that they might not have bought without the introduction of the alternate or throwback design.

Lol what? The Hawks brand is not strong. It's so poor it's to the point where they barely even have a brand anymore. I have no idea what their brand is other than the Pacman logo and I'm from Atlanta, it's that bad.

Milwaukee

Banned
Wrong thread possibly, but the basketball unis vs UVA on espn2 look good if you're just looking for gold unis. It's like theres 2 or 3 of you posters here who ignore when we rock gold, and you only want to spaz all over every thread when we don't. Just sayin.

Edit: the result of the game sucks though. Figure'd I'd throw that in since Super likes to throw the jab of us losing big games when we wear blue. Ya know, since the uni color determines our performance and all.

Wrong thread possibly, but the basketball unis vs UVA on espn2 look good if you're just looking for gold unis. It's like theres 2 or 3 of you posters here who ignore when we rock gold, and you only want to spaz all over every thread when we don't. Just sayin.

Edit: the result of the game sucks though. Figure'd I'd throw that in since Super likes to throw the jab of us losing big games when we wear blue. Ya know, since the uni color determines our performance and all.
We would have lost that game wearing pink and chartreuse...LOL But, I agree that those unis definitely looked good. Glad you think so too.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pittnews.com
Renovating Retro: Pitt athletics poised for return to retro colors
the athletic administration has hinted that will change in the near future, back to the royal blue and mustard yellow fans that know as the “retro colors.”

According to Director of Licensing and Merchandising Lori Burens, Panther fans should look for an official statement coming later this spring.
upload_2019-2-28_11-38-3.png

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
True, but actually our first African - American signee was from Valdosta H.S. Can not remember his name, but he never made it into the program.

Remember the picture of Carson signing him to a ship under the goalposts at G.F. Immediately after the state championship game.
It wasn't Stan Rome was it?