2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
UGA wears silver britches and it is not one of their primary colors

FSU ocassionally wears black unis

Notre Dame wears green unis from time to time (secondary color)

I can go on and on.

Good points but none of those referenced teams have gone an entire season when they did not, at least once, wear a jersey in their most recognizable primary color.

Especially during the rollout season from a major supplier who was supposedly focusing on creating a consistent, dominant primary color.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Good points but none of those referenced teams have gone an entire season when they did not, at least once, wear a jersey in their most recognizable primary color.

Especially during the rollout season from a major supplier who was supposedly focusing on creating a consistent, dominant primary color.
We did. We wore white shirts and gold pants ;)

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah we would never not wear our primary colors at least a few times. Especially when we were rolling out Adidas and focusing on creating a consistent, dominant primary color. That is why we constantly wore white and gold this year but sprinkled in navy to change things up and give different looks to excite the players and more importantly the recruits!

You guys act like we wore all navy color rush uniforms all year. One again I will point to my previous post....

Game 1 vs Alcorn - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - Gold
Game 2 vs USF - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 3 vs Pitt - Helmet - White, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 4 vs Clemson - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - Navy, Pants - White
Game 5 vs BG - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - Gold
Game 6 vs UL - Helmet - White, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 7 vs Duke - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - Navy
Game 8 vs VPI - Helmet - White, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 9 vs uNC - Helmet - White, Jersey - White, Pants - Navy
Game 10 vs VPI - Helmet - White, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 11 vs UVA - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - Gold
Game 12 vs ugag - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - White, Pants - White
Game 13 vs Minn - Helmet - Gold, Jersey - Navy, Pants - Navy

Out of all 13 games there are only 4 games where there was a major piece of the uniform that was primarily navy. Out of the 39 major uniform parts, white is the most common with 23 (59%), Gold with 11 (28%) and navy with only 5 (13%).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why would the announcer say Tech was in black if they were not? He was there.

I have been told that was Wes Durham who narrated a lot of old GT game highlight films for a company or for GTAA.

It isn't ciraldo, and if you Google a lot of 50 & 60 highlight films you hear this same voice.

Like I said, someone told me that but I have no idea.

Now before any fluids leak out of anyone - I am NOT saying Wes,did this back then.

Last edited:
I have been told that was Wes Durham who narrated a lot of old GT game highlight films for a company or for GTAA.

It isn't ciraldo, and if you Google a lot of 50 & 60 highlight films you hear this same voice.

Like I said, someone told me that but I have no idea.
Was it by any chance Jack Hurst, who did the play-by-play from some time in the 50s till the early 60s?

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I happen to disagree that White is the dominant of our 2 Primary colors.

Blue or black certainly isnt.

So this uniform is not good enough in representing our colors?
F4C07975-A394-4DE3-B76C-8E3F9B73AA0F.png

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Just like we don’t mainly wear blue
Sorry Ballin, as much as I always agree with your informed posts regarding our defense, or lack there of, I just don't care for that lighter shade of blue such as in the bowl game. The dark, dark, blue in the 1990s was fine especially set off by the gold helmet and white pants but there is to much similarity with Pitt among others. Give me GOLD or give me...death? Nah, just pick a decent color scheme and be consistent so that it screams GEORGIA TECH.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we may have lost more important games wearing blue than we have won.

Well, he who name not be spoken on these pages, has a lot to do with that. Imagine, he managed not only to utterly destroy any semblance of momentum from a national championship in just a couple of years but he also tarnished a perfectly acceptable color scheme all in one fell swoop.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I won't argue again, but it appears you miss my point. Your point is that lots of teams have "gold" as one of their colors. OK, I get that.

My point is that very, very few teams, if any in division 1, had OLD GOLD and WHITE as their primary colors. That makes this combination VERY unique, in my opinion.

Its the Old Gold that is unique. I honestly cannot recall seeing another college with that color on the pants.