2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

we sure do need the navy to make the white and gold pop. It's drab on it's own. Sorry, I love our school colors too, but on the uniform, the gold and white get washed out together.

Teams you'd rather be associated with:

Group 1: Notre Dame (shiny gold helmets, so no mistake), Auburn (no orange, so no mistake), Penn State (yeah, not really going to mistake GT for Penn State), UVa (no orange, so again, no mistake)

Group 2: Army, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, UCF

Besides, the interlocking GT on the helmet is so distinctive, anyone glancing for longer than 2 seconds will instantly recognize GT as the team with Navy. Much, much better choice. It's obvious the people in charge know what they're doing. Navy is the #1 selling color of any athletic garment, followed by light grey. Take advantage of what people want to buy and get the logo and school name out there. I absolutely love the navy blue stuff. I like white tees and gold tees, and gold hoodies. But I have much more navy stuff than any other color, and I'm quite happy.

You go buy all the gold and white Tech stuff you want and stop bitching about those of us who buy what we want to buy.
You can buy whatever you want to buy; nothing's stopping you from doing that. But I HATE blue in our uniforms. Do you honestly think the white jersey and blue pants we wore against Duke, and the all blue unis we wore in the bowl game were not DRAB? WOW !!! Looking at the unis for the Duke game was like watching a game in black and white; there was absolutely no color at all, and the all blues one in the bowl game were probably the ugliest unis I have ever seen, short of the crap that Oregon wears. One reason Navy is the #1 color garment purchased is that there is never anything worth a damn offered in gold, or if there is, they only have kids' sizes. As far as your comparisons with other schools, UVA nor Auburn have white, so it doesn't matter whether we have orange or not. If PSU ever wears blue jerseys with white pants, or white jerseys with blue pants, then yes, they are a valid comparison. The biggest problem we had this past year with navy, however, was that when we wore it, there was no gold to be seen, other than the numbers on the bowl unis. The logo is obviously entirely distinctive, but so are our colors, which have been our colors, with random exceptions, since year zero, if not on the unis themselves, certainly on the garments worn by the fans.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
You can buy whatever you want to buy; nothing's stopping you from doing that. But I HATE blue in our uniforms. Do you honestly think the white jersey and blue pants we wore against Duke, and the all blue unis we wore in the bowl game were not DRAB? WOW !!! Looking at the unis for the Duke game was like watching a game in black and white; there was absolutely no color at all, and the all blues one in the bowl game were probably the ugliest unis I have ever seen, short of the crap that Oregon wears. One reason Navy is the #1 color garment purchased is that there is never anything worth a damn offered in gold, or if there is, they only have kids' sizes. As far as your comparisons with other schools, UVA nor Auburn have white, so it doesn't matter whether we have orange or not. If PSU ever wears blue jerseys with white pants, or white jerseys with blue pants, then yes, they are a valid comparison. The biggest problem we had this past year with navy, however, was that when we wore it, there was no gold to be seen, other than the numbers on the bowl unis. The logo is obviously entirely distinctive, but so are our colors, which have been our colors, with random exceptions, since year zero, if not on the unis themselves, certainly on the garments worn by the fans.

We get it broseph. You’ve said the same thing for 24 pages.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Now, you know after a couple of years of going back and forth about the blue, I'm trolling you a little. Personally, I like blue to offset the white and gold. No, I don't like blue pants. I didn't like the all blue uniform. But, I'm not wearing it. I root for the team with the interlocking GT on the helmet, regardless of what they wear. Absolutely those blue uniforms looked sharp. They were fantastic uniforms, but it didn't look like GT to me, so...not my cup of tea. But, like I said, I cheer for the Brave and Bold, regardless.

I let this thread get to about 23 pages before I started pulling your chain a little. You're way too seasoned a fan, and way too seasoned a human to continue to rant about the color of the uniform. I find myself skipping large swaths of threads because it's the same thing, over and over. I think every single person on this forum know exactly how you feel about blue. We tease you about it. If you didn't comment ever again about it, we'd all know you at the front of the blue-haters club. So, pardon my little trolling. It's all in good fun.

Now, you know after a couple of years of going back and forth about the blue, I'm trolling you a little. Personally, I like blue to offset the white and gold. No, I don't like blue pants. I didn't like the all blue uniform. But, I'm not wearing it. I root for the team with the interlocking GT on the helmet, regardless of what they wear. Absolutely those blue uniforms looked sharp. They were fantastic uniforms, but it didn't look like GT to me, so...not my cup of tea. But, like I said, I cheer for the Brave and Bold, regardless.

I let this thread get to about 23 pages before I started pulling your chain a little. You're way too seasoned a fan, and way too seasoned a human to continue to rant about the color of the uniform. I find myself skipping large swaths of threads because it's the same thing, over and over. I think every single person on this forum know exactly how you feel about blue. We tease you about it. If you didn't comment ever again about it, we'd all know you at the front of the blue-haters club. So, pardon my little trolling. It's all in good fun.
First you say you didn't like the all blue uniform, and then you said they looked sharp. So which is it. Frankly, I would have said the same thing if they had been all gold. They were just butt-ugly uniforms in my book, and drab as hell. And you can "troll" me all you want. I've always said it's better to be picked on than ignored, and from many of the comments made on here directed at me, I would say that I am definitely not ignored....LOL I just wish TStan wouldn't ignore the large number of fans who have legitimate complaints about blue. And yes, I said "large number," because there are a helluva lot of us out here who feel the same way I do.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
First you say you didn't like the all blue uniform, and then you said they looked sharp. So which is it. Frankly, I would have said the same thing if they had been all gold. They were just butt-ugly uniforms in my book, and drab as hell. And you can "troll" me all you want. I've always said it's better to be picked on than ignored, and from many of the comments made on here directed at me, I would say that I am definitely not ignored....LOL I just wish TStan wouldn't ignore the large number of fans who have legitimate complaints about blue. And yes, I said "large number," because there are a helluva lot of us out here who feel the same way I do.
And a whole hell of a lot more that like the blue (maybe not all blue, but definitely the blue). You're still in the vast minority.

BTW: I don't like all blue for Tech. I loved the all blue look. They were killer. Nothing drab about that. All gold would have looked not just not-Tech, but weird.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, duhh. That's what this thread is all about, broseph, whatever the hell that means. And I will continue to say the same thing for 24 pages more. Navy blue SUCKS as a color for Georgia Tech !!!!!
B08E6597-AB47-49BD-A9F5-B8B80CFDA301.png

And a whole hell of a lot more that like the blue (maybe not all blue, but definitely the blue). You're still in the vast minority.

BTW: I don't like all blue for Tech. I loved the all blue look. They were killer. Nothing drab about that. All gold would have looked not just not-Tech, but weird.
Actually I doubt I am in the minority. Maybe the majority of those who post on here are ok with blue, but I don't know a single Tech fan personally, other than @AugustaJacket who likes it, and I really don't know how he feels about it as a uniform color. BTW, what do you think of the all blue basketball uniforms, especially those hideous ones the women wear? There's not even an interlocking GT on them, and essentially no way to identify them as Tech.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Actually I doubt I am in the minority. Maybe the majority of those who post on here are ok with blue, but I don't know a single Tech fan personally, other than @AugustaJacket who likes it, and I really don't know how he feels about it as a uniform color. BTW, what do you think of the all blue basketball uniforms, especially those hideous ones the women wear? There's not even an interlocking GT on them, and essentially no way to identify them as Tech.
You're not only in the minority in general when it comes to blue, you're in the minority amongst Tech fans.