2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

It's Navy Blue, I'm sure because it belongs to me Dodd used Navy Blue as away jerseys.........
View attachment 5232
What year was that? That is a pretty young Dodd. So it had to be from the 50s or maybe late 40s. Dodd SOMETIMES used blue for away jerseys, but certainly not all the time. He most famously (or infamously) used them in Athens in 1942, when, while filling in for an ailing Alexander, he took an undefeated Tech team headed to the Rose Bowl to the cesspool and got blown out.

What I can't understand is why anyone, fan or staff member, would ever want to do anything to deviate from our brand, which is, and has always, been White and Gold. I realize that in the late 80s to early 90s, the NCAA had that stupid rule about home teams having to wear dark jerseys, but why didn't we choose gold jerseys for home unis then? Stupid decision.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Heres a youtube of the Tech/Auburn game 1962. The annoucer said Tech was wearing black jerseys, but I think he's mistaken and they were navy blue..

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Why would the announcer say Tech was in black if they were not? He was there.

Well, he might have been right, but from the press box navy blue can look black. For years the Chicago Bears navy blue jerseys looked black to me. I had to see them up close to realize they were navy blue. I always wondered why Bill Curry used black, but I think he was on the 1962 team and that may be why.

Well, he might have been right, but from the press box navy blue can look black. For years the Chicago Bears navy blue jerseys looked black to me. I had to see them up close to realize they were navy blue. I always wondered why Bill Curry used black, but I think he was on the 1962 team and that may be why.
Plus Curry had the Black Watch, and the black jerseys were appropriate for that. As far as black looking like blue and vice versa, I thought Pitt was wearing dark blue last night, until someone in chat pointed out that their unis were black with dark blue trim (which seems senseless). Because I assumed they were blue, it made the decision to give out free blue shirts to the students seem even more ridiculous than it actually was. Since blue is one of Pitt's colors, whether they wore blue last night or not, giving out shirts with the opposing team's color is just stupid, glow in the dark, or no glow in the dark.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
I bet if we had won it, you would have been saying we should always wear them. Regardless, those were butt-ugly uniforms that didn't represent Tech in the least.
I did't like the navy on navy we wore against Minnesota. I love white and gold, but I do like navy on white. It is a throwback to the great teams of the late 80s and early 90s. We have had success wearing Navy on white. Beating ugag, all 1990 home games, Citrus bowl, and the Sun bowl. Those are just ones off the top of my head. My favorite is white on gold, and wouldn't mind if we wore that combination every game next year. And I would't mind wearing gold on white as a home alternate to white on gold. I would like to see navy on white one time next season.

I did't like the navy on navy we wore against Minnesota. I love white and gold, but I do like navy on white. It is a throwback to the great teams of the late 80s and early 90s. We have had success wearing Navy on white. Beating ugag, all 1990 home games, Citrus bowl, and the Sun bowl. Those are just ones off the top of my head. My favorite is white on gold, and wouldn't mind if we wore that combination every game next year. And I would't mind wearing gold on white as a home alternate to white on gold. I would like to see navy on white one time next season.
I personally don't want to see any navy at all by any Tech team.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love Navy!!! Let's start a petition to counter any petition to exclude navy from our uniforms! Navy makes the White and Gold pop! It gives it warmth. Black washes it out and makes it look dated. Makes me think of Vanderbilt or Wake Forest.

I love Navy!!! Let's start a petition to counter any petition to exclude navy from our uniforms! Navy makes the White and Gold pop! It gives it warmth. Black washes it out and makes it look dated. Makes me think of Vanderbilt or Wake Forest.
And blue makes me think of UVA, Auburn, Penn State, and quite a few other teams whose PRIMARY color is blue. I effing HATE navy blue in any form or combination on any uniform worn by any Tech athletics team. We don't need any color to make the White and Gold "pop". White and Gold "pops" all on their own.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And blue makes me think of UVA, Auburn, Penn State, and quite a few other teams whose PRIMARY color is blue. I effing HATE navy blue in any form or combination on any uniform worn by any Tech athletics team. We don't need any color to make the White and Gold "pop". White and Gold "pops" all on their own.
we sure do need the navy to make the white and gold pop. It's drab on it's own. Sorry, I love our school colors too, but on the uniform, the gold and white get washed out together.

Teams you'd rather be associated with:

Group 1: Notre Dame (shiny gold helmets, so no mistake), Auburn (no orange, so no mistake), Penn State (yeah, not really going to mistake GT for Penn State), UVa (no orange, so again, no mistake)

Group 2: Army, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, UCF

Besides, the interlocking GT on the helmet is so distinctive, anyone glancing for longer than 2 seconds will instantly recognize GT as the team with Navy. Much, much better choice. It's obvious the people in charge know what they're doing. Navy is the #1 selling color of any athletic garment, followed by light grey. Take advantage of what people want to buy and get the logo and school name out there. I absolutely love the navy blue stuff. I like white tees and gold tees, and gold hoodies. But I have much more navy stuff than any other color, and I'm quite happy.

You go buy all the gold and white Tech stuff you want and stop bitching about those of us who buy what we want to buy.