2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Alright I did it. Let's get this rolling!

Petition to Bring Gold Back to Georgia Tech

Open to suggestions if you feel something needs to be included in the discription.
My only objection is the line, "And keep navy to complimentary or alternate status." You should have left out alternate. That's the hole we are in right now, with navy apparently being acceptable ALTERNATE option for our uniforms. Complimentary, yes, alternate, HELL NO. At any rate, I signed it and added what I just said as a comment.

Last edited:

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching basketball. GT vs ****? We are "up with the white and gold"! Looks marvelous. And we are playing ****? After ten minutes of scrutinizing it appears we are playing Pitt? They are BS all black with a blue stripe. Pitt team name is buried in the all black. HA, they outdid us. Worst unis since our bowl game!

I hope Supersize is watching this.

Never wear black.
Never wear all blue.

Watching basketball. GT vs ****? We are "up with the white and gold"! Looks marvelous. And we are playing ****? After ten minutes of scrutinizing it appears we are playing Pitt? They are BS all black with a blue stripe. Pitt team name is buried in the all black. HA, they outdid us. Worst unis since our bowl game!

I hope Supersize is watching this.

Never wear black.
Never wear all blue.
Agree, but why on earth would they give free BLUE shirts to the students tonight. The student body looks like Pitt fans. The blue is not much different, at least on TV, from the black Pitt unis

glow in the dark shirts. works better on the outline of what glows in the dark with a darker back ground.
I don't care. STUPID to give those shirts out on a night when the other team's color is blue, even though their unis last night were black. Our section and band literally looked like it was the Pitt section. ABSOLUTELY STUPID !!!

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a TECH tankard dated 1946 Navy Blue jerseys go back a ways. Dodd used them in the early sixties also. You may not like'um but they're part of TECH history.
UFm7xCxQ.jpeg

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Because navy blue is NOT a primary color; it is a secondary color and NOT and alternate one.

It is not a secondary color. It's a tertiary. Third. It should never be used more than 10%.

Personally, I think the GTAA and adidas are fully aware of what they are doing and definitely plan to move towards a more navy-oriented color scheme. For a variety of reasons.

Dodd NEVER used blue jerseys in the early 60s, unless it was in '60 or '61. I was at Tech, either as a student or an alum for the remainder of the decade.
Have to take your word that that is blue on that mug. Looks black on here.

It is not a secondary color. It's a tertiary. Third. It should never be used more than 10%.

Personally, I think the GTAA and adidas are fully aware of what they are doing and definitely plan to move towards a more navy-oriented color scheme. For a variety of reasons.
Unfortunately, the powers that be said it was a secondary color last year when we switched to Adidas. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The issue with our branding is simply the lack of discipline to actually use it. I think there are some very creative ways to use white and gold in a uniform system that will look sharp and be modern.

But the problems we have go beyond that. I can't count the number of times I read "Georgia Tech University" in publications, shortly followed by a quote from someone in the GTAA. Usually, articles are submitted for review prior to publication OR they are submitted and agree to use the organizational standards on form.

The variances that we ourselves allow are just awful to the long-term well being of the GT visual identity.

I was in the bookstore last weekend and the variance among manufacturers is about as bad as I've ever seen it. The GT logos don't match many of the manufacturers and clearly, no one in the GTAA gives a hoot as long as they make their 15% royalty.

Sad.