2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
At least the Alumni Association gets it. Now if the Athletic Association would. Look at all the gold, white, and (of all things) black in this video --- https://www.gtalumni.org/s/1481/alumni/19/interior.aspx?sid=1481&gid=21&pgid=18689

I don’t see any gold in that video. I see a TON of cheddar cheese yellow though. Comical. Almost as bad as the athletic association.

Seriously, did Dodd sell his soul to the Devil or something to win 8 in a row against UGA and this is what we got in exchange? Marketing incompetence for the next 10 generations??

Last edited:
I don’t see any gold in that video. I see a ton of cheddar cheese yellow though. Comical. Almost as bead as the athletic association.

Seriously, did Dodd sell his soul to the Devil or something to win 8 in a row against UGA and this is what we got in exchange? Marketing incompetence for the next 10 generations??
Gold or not, it is what's available on the market. But the point of my post is that there is absolutely no blue there.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Here it is, with an actual white/gold/navy beanie to compare to.

cde03be49f3d67766a690fde1f7686dd.jpg
Good ahead and shoot me now! This is getting out of hand.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Man y'all are weird. The GT is the GT and if you put a GT on a pink hat for the ladies everyone knows its GT. And its an extra sale.

We can limit ourselves merchandisewise or we can expand merchandisewise. I think the latter is overwhelmingly preferrable. For one, we should want to have as many people as possible wearing GT stuff for PR purposes. If you limit the color choices to gold and white you are going to limit the people who wear GT gear and you will limit how often people wear GT gear. Second, we should want to sell as much stuff as possible for financial purposes. If you limit the color choices to gold and white you are going to limit the amount of merchandise you sell.

Gray, black, and navy are neutral colors. We should offer GT gear in neutral colors. Pink should be offered in honor of breast awareness. JK. It should be offered to make women spend more on GT gear. I would not be afraid to offer just about anything except red or orange. I nice brown carhart jacket with a GT logo would be the **** on the jobsite. Wouldnt be afraidof camo or tiedie either.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Man y'all are weird. The GT is the GT and if you put a GT on a pink hat for the ladies everyone knows its GT. And its an extra sale.

We can limit ourselves merchandisewise or we can expand merchandisewise. I think the latter is overwhelmingly preferrable. For one, we should want to have as many people as possible wearing GT stuff for PR purposes. If you limit the color choices to gold and white you are going to limit the people who wear GT gear and you will limit how often people wear GT gear. Second, we should want to sell as much stuff as possible for financial purposes. If you limit the color choices to gold and white you are going to limit the amount of merchandise you sell.

Gray, black, and navy are neutral colors. We should offer GT gear in neutral colors. Pink should be offered in honor of breast awareness. JK. It should be offered to make women spend more on GT gear. I would not be afraid to offer just about anything except red or orange. I nice brown carhart jacket with a GT logo would be the **** on the jobsite. Wouldnt be afraidof camo or tiedie either.

Nobody is saying don't make GT gear in neutral colors or whatever. NOBODY. I hate when people try to confuse the issue with our overall branding and marketing. Try to keep up. Total straw man.

Navy absolutely should be a "neutral" or trim color. Not a substitute for gold or white.

Selling things like that is fine. It's giving away crap like this Santa hat at a game that is just absolutely STUPID !!! It was the same when they gave the students blue shirts for the Spring WHITE AND GOLD GAME. WOW !!!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hey, Florida International has our colors. :)

I wish our gold was this dark, as it is much more unique and closer to the historical "old gold". Also, look how good and easy to distinguish that gold looks on white.

I knew Adidas could do something other than "sand". :)

65Jacket

GT Athlete

Gray, black, or navy are far from neutral colors!

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Gray, black, or navy are far from neutral colors!
For us they are and should be neutral colors. That is our whole point. We are getting more blue and gray **** than our official color...GOLD! When I can't even find an Adidas gold hat with a white GT, TRIMMED in navy blue, there is a problem. And people that buy as much Tech gear as I do are PISSED OFF about it! Our AD and marketing department could do something about this but they don't give a ****! So I take it as they don't give a **** about their fans. Is that hard to umderstand?

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
My sister was in the bookstore recently and she said it’s the worst college bookstore she’s ever seen when it comes to apparel. I asked if there was any new gold apparel and she said there was basically none

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
My sister was in the bookstore recently and she said it’s the worst college bookstore she’s ever seen when it comes to apparel. I asked if there was any new gold apparel and she said there was basically none

I was in there Sunday and there was plenty of gold apparel. Bought a reversible scarf- blue on one side gold on the other. Now the clearance racks were covered in blue but lots of new gold hoodies, hats, etc
8a59c25c56682bf665cce990487a451b.jpg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I am there at least a few times a week typically, and I would say that there’s not any consistent gold, yet a ton of navys, blacks and various grays...and even, inexplicably, still some cheddar yellow. There is a fair bit of gold, but it’s mostly Champion, then some Under Armour and a little Nike. VERY, VERY little to no Adidas in gold, which is sad, as they are our official/supposedly main apparel maker, and the only one supposedly using our “official” gold color (as they are the company making all our teams’ uniforms). Champion and Under Armour use “Vegas gold”, and Nike uses “team gold”. And when all seen side by side/in the same setting, they are all different shades.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Not a single gold outerwear (sweatshirt, hoody, jacket) item (for kids) when I was down there for the Pitt game... SMH

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk