2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We are handing out royal blue “Santa” hats at the basketball game tonight. Not even navy blue...royal blue.
Do you have a picture of one? Are they GT branded? I haven’t seen where a giveaway has been promoted by the GTAthletics twitter page or GTStudents, and they almost always post giveaways.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you have a picture of one? Are they GT branded? I haven’t seen where a giveaway has been promoted by the GTAthletics twitter page or GTStudents, and they almost always post giveaways.

I’ll post mine when I get home. It does have a small gold GT on the white fur cuff. So there’s that.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’ll post mine when I get home. It does have a small gold GT on the white fur cuff. So there’s that.
I just saw a couple on the broadcast, ouch. I was thinking it might be some sort of company giveaway. How can that ever get through the approval process?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I just saw a couple on the broadcast, ouch. I was thinking it might be some sort of company giveaway. How can that ever get through the approval process?

On tv (at least the Jumbotron) they look darker than in person, too. It’s a pretty bright blue.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

Here it is, with an actual white/gold/navy beanie to compare to.

cde03be49f3d67766a690fde1f7686dd.jpg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
We are such a joke when it comes to our apparel

The blue makes zero sense. It's not even remotely close to navy, which would at least go along with our navy trend. And I get that you don't make it red like a Santa hat, as we don't ever wear red. But it's easy enough to make these in gold. This hat and it's quality cost maybe a dollar to buy...not make, but buy. I literally saw and overheard people picking them up and putting them back down, muttering how cheap they are/were. It's almost like an alibaba.com bulk buy they are so bad. And if they didn't bulk order them like that and did custom order them, they could have easily been made in gold...or navy.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Eh, not going to get fixed. The AA has a hard-on for blue. The shade of blue is all over the map, my observation is we have been getting lighter and lighter shades mixed in, further muddying the inconsistency of the brand. All of our media branding to the outside world is presented with blue as our dominant color (save for morpheus, the only entity who seems to understand how to market and brand white and gold, with navy as an accent).

When Stansbury threw a bone and said the logo would only be in white or gold, that was their license and cover to make everything else as blue as possible.

As far as "they" are concerned, blue is the fix.

They don't care about the survey. Honestly I think they did that survey because they wanted to confirm how much people prefer navy, which is what they prefer. Why would you ever need a survey about making apparel in your primary school color, after you've made a big deal about settling on a primary shade of said school color, something that only makes common sense? Does Clemson need a survey to tell them they need orange gear? To provide cover for the decisions you've already made about what you're doing with the brand.

At this point it is what it is.

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Eh, not going to get fixed. The AA has a hard-on for blue. The shade of blue is all over the map, my observation is we have been getting lighter and lighter shades mixed in, further muddying the inconsistency of the brand. All of our media branding to the outside world is presented with blue as our dominant color (save for morpheus, the only entity who seems to understand how to market and brand white and gold, with navy as an accent).

When Stansbury threw a bone and said the logo would only be in white or gold, that was their license and cover to make everything else as blue as possible.

As far as "they" are concerned, blue is the fix.

They don't care about the survey. Honestly I think they did that survey because they wanted to confirm how much people prefer navy, which is what they prefer. Why would you ever need a survey about making apparel in your primary school color, after you've made a big deal about settling on a primary shade of said school color, something that only makes common sense? Does Clemson need a survey to tell them they need orange gear? To provide cover for the decisions you've already made about what you're doing with the brand.

At this point it is what it is.
I wouldnt say "it is what it is" but yeah its really strange