2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am sure some marketing genius at Adidas convinced the GTAA that navy blue was a color they could sell at a higher frequency, meaning more $$ for everyone. I agree that navy blue is a color more people probably would want to wear in general, but really, GT's colors are white and gold. If our historical school colors are not acceptable, then quit pretending and announce what you have done publicly - chosen to make Navy the primary color. I hate it, but I don't know what to do about it. $$ and marketing geniuses? make these decisions.

I will say this - for me, I will buy much less merchandise if my choices are primarily Navy.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
did we wear this last year?
upload_2020-1-17_12-4-37.png

some really clean looks in this video.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Since this thread is about colors and stuff I was just curious. Is there a reason the women’s basketball team only wears blue?

I was a high school athlete. It happened that some girls had their period in play. The school announced dark colors for the women’s team.

I was a high school athlete. It happened that some girls had their period in play. The school announced dark colors for the women’s team.
Well, one of the teams on the floor has to wear a light color, usually white, so that seems a moot point. Also, how dark is dark enough. A good shade of gold would seem to be ok. There's just no reason for us to wear blue as much as we do, and, as you know, I would prefer never.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Well, one of the teams on the floor has to wear a light color, usually white, so that seems a moot point. Also, how dark is dark enough. A good shade of gold would seem to be ok. There's just no reason for us to wear blue as much as we do, and, as you know, I would prefer never.

I won’t disagree. One of my friends on the girls team was wearing white. Oops.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, the coaches primarily wear navy... So I don’t see why the other teams wouldn’t. I absolutely loved the all navy with gold numbers unis the football team wore this season and the gray for Cape day!! Loved it!! [emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Well, the coaches primarily wear navy... So I don’t see why the other teams wouldn’t. I absolutely loved the all navy with gold numbers unis the football team wore this season and the gray for Cape day!! Loved it!! [emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]
Ehhh that’s mainly cus they want stand out from the rest of the team and also because Adidas makes an oversupply of navy stuff so that’s probably what they get.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol what? So you are counting sports where they wear suits or some other type of professional clothes? I was talking about the football coaches

So was I [emoji23] ... Some were complaining that that ladies b-ball, volleyball, softball are wearing navy. Well so is beesball and foosball wore all navy (which I loved) .. many coaches in multiple sports including football also wear navy. It is what it is. Heck all the student give aways during football but 2 (whiteout game and cape day) were navy: navy flag, navy socks, navy hat, navy scarf....[emoji849]

So was I [emoji23] ... Some were complaining that that ladies b-ball, volleyball, softball are wearing navy. Well so is beesball and foosball wore all navy (which I loved) .. many coaches in multiple sports including football also wear navy. It is what it is. Heck all the student give aways during football but 2 (whiteout game and cape day) were navy: navy flag, navy socks, navy hat, navy scarf....[emoji849]
And all that blue doesn't represent the real Georgia Tech at all. Heck, they even gave the students, at least the band members, blue shirts for the Spring WHITE AND GOLD game. Who on earth made that stupid decision?