2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Jerseys are good. I realllllly like that they are predominantly white and gold. Nothing predominantly blue. Agree that white around the collar would have made it a more complete look, and that a gold jersey should always be paired with white pants.

That said, for marketing and brand consistency white against gold should always be trimmed in dark navy.

That's one of a few ways I think our recent marketing effort failed with the official wordmarks. The basketball court wordmarks on each side would look so much more finished with a dark outline. Strangely enough we get it perfect in the endzones on the football field!

Also the blue wordmark against a field of gold looks like ****. Our media graphics package continues to be horrible. Our predominant color for our white and gold game were logos on a field of blue. Our espn scoreboard colors continue to be blue. Somebody in GT's media department has a hard-on for making sure that blue is predominant over gold.

Why is using a white GT on a field of gold so hard to do

Jerseys are good. I realllllly like that they are predominantly white and gold. Nothing predominantly blue. Agree that white around the collar would have made it a more complete look, and that a gold jersey should always be paired with white pants.

That said, for marketing and brand consistency white against gold should always be trimmed in dark navy.

That's one of a few ways I think our recent marketing effort failed with the official wordmarks. The basketball court wordmarks on each side would look so much more finished with a dark outline. Strangely enough we get it perfect in the endzones on the football field!

Also the blue wordmark against a field of gold looks like ****. Our media graphics package continues to be horrible. Our predominant color for our white and gold game were logos on a field of blue. Our espn scoreboard colors continue to be blue. Somebody in GT's media department has a hard-on for making sure that blue is predominant over gold.

Why is using a white GT on a field of gold so hard to do
AMEN, brother !!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one on these threads that gets it. Until late last season, the border around the field was white; and then they suddenly changed it to blue. Thank God they changed it back to white Friday night, and I hope it stays that way. Two years ago the endzones were painted blue, and they looked like ****. I can't remember if I have mentioned this on this particular thread, but I have definitely done so on the post-game thread for Friday night, and I am just amazed at the resistance I have encountered to it ..... Tech marketing provided shirts for the band and free shirts for the students that were BLUE !!! OMG, Blue for the White and Gold game. WOW. Why didn't they have a souvenir shirt available not only for the band and students, but also for purchase, that was white or gold, or a combination of the two, with the words "Georgia Tech White and Gold Game 2019" on them. I know I would have bought one.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see the end zones painted completely gold with Georgia Tech in white with blue trim. As far a the gold jerseys go I actually liked them. We’ve all wanted a gold jerseys that plain and traditional look and that’s what we got! Maybe a touch of blue would really set it off but it definitely has to be work with white pants. I think the white helmets looked clean too.

I would like to see the end zones painted completely gold with Georgia Tech in white with blue trim. As far a the gold jerseys go I actually liked them. We’ve all wanted a gold jerseys that plain and traditional look and that’s what we got! Maybe a touch of blue would really set it off but it definitely has to be work with white pants. I think the white helmets looked clean too.
I just think the numbers and lettering on the jerseys should be trimmed with some kind of dark color. They would pop out more that way.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Works well when you’re a powerhouse with lots of tradition but I think we need to be selling recruits that you’re playing for what’s on the front of the jersey to win national championships and you’re playing for your name to start building the foundations for a professional career.

It's a relatively recent phenomenon.

"In 1986, Holtz left Minnesota to take over the then-struggling Notre Dame Fighting Irish football program. A taskmaster and strict disciplinarian, Holtz had the names removed from the backs of the players' jerseys when he took over at Notre Dame, wanting to emphasize team effort. With the exception of select bowl games, names have not been included on Notre Dame's jerseys since."

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
AMEN, brother !!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one on these threads that gets it. Until late last season, the border around the field was white; and then they suddenly changed it to blue. Thank God they changed it back to white Friday night, and I hope it stays that way. Two years ago the endzones were painted blue, and they looked like ****. I can't remember if I have mentioned this on this particular thread, but I have definitely done so on the post-game thread for Friday night, and I am just amazed at the resistance I have encountered to it ..... Tech marketing provided shirts for the band and free shirts for the students that were BLUE !!! OMG, Blue for the White and Gold game. WOW. Why didn't they have a souvenir shirt available not only for the band and students, but also for purchase, that was white or gold, or a combination of the two, with the words "Georgia Tech White and Gold Game 2019" on them. I know I would have bought one.
Seriously can you guys PLEASE keep this color crap on the threads that have been created for them?