2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I think what may have happened with the gold jerseys may have been somewhat of a rush order? Possibly CGC wanted to get some new gold ones a few months ago and adidas had to really find a solution quickly for the ask. I’m probably wrong but, just from the look of the jerseys, I’d be pretty disappointed in the company if that’s what they ultimately decided they would be after their “commitment to innovation” when they inked the deal with us.

These jerseys really don’t make sense if you think about it - no announcement from the school online which doesn’t really align with CGC’s marketing tactics. It’s all about making a statement... and I just don’t see that with these.

USF had a situation where they signed their adidas deal months before the football season started after switching from UA and had to settle with some generics in their 1st year. This was confirmed by their AD.

Last edited:
I think what may have happened with the gold jerseys may have been somewhat of a rush order? Possibly CGC wanted to get some new gold ones a few months ago and adidas had to really find a solution quickly for the ask. I’m probably wrong but, just from the look of the jerseys, I’d be pretty disappointed in the company if that’s what they ultimately decided they would be after their “commitment to innovation” when they inked the deal with us.

These jerseys really don’t make sense if you think about it - no announcement from the school online which doesn’t really align with CGC’s marketing tactics. It’s all about making a statement... and I just don’t see that with these.

USF had a situation where they signed their adidas deal months before the football season started after switching from UA and had to settle with some generics in their 1st year. This was confirmed by their AD.
They have had a year to work out something proper and good looking, so there certainly should not have a "rush job." Remember all the ballyhoo from TStan this time last year about the "new gold." There's no way after deciding that far back what "new gold" is that they should not have been prepared immediately, but nooooo, they pushed all that blue crap on us instead.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
They have had a year to work out something proper and good looking, so there certainly should not have a "rush job." Remember all the ballyhoo from TStan this time last year about the "new gold." There's no way after deciding that far back what "new gold" is that they should not have been prepared immediately, but nooooo, they pushed all that blue crap on us instead.

Oh, yeah. I do remember that. Well, if their main focus was just the gold... mission accomplished, I guess?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I like Notre Dame’s position on jersey names ... when playing on a team, there should be no names on the jersey.
Works well when you’re a powerhouse with lots of tradition but I think we need to be selling recruits that you’re playing for what’s on the front of the jersey to win national championships and you’re playing for your name to start building the foundations for a professional career.