2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Fulcher was the one that, not only, put us back in a G/W/G uni at home (with helmet stripes & NFL type leggings), he changed trim from GT/DODD/Carson black to blue.

I remember my dad was upset because blue was an auburn color. Invariably the conversation ended when I asked him why he preferred black - a ugag color. :) Good times.

The real solution is for Adidas to develop a proper gold so we only need white trim, and vice versa.

Blue/white
Crimson/white
Orange/white
Cardinal/white
Navy/white
Maroon/white
Burnt Orange/white

GOLD / WHITE

ONLY 1 team could wear Gold & White
I really do not remember any use of blue under Fulcher, but I have no pics to prove otherwise, so ....

Fulcher was the one that, not only, put us back in a G/W/G uni at home (with helmet stripes & NFL type leggings), he changed trim from GT/DODD/Carson black to blue.

I remember my dad was upset because blue was an auburn color. Invariably the conversation ended when I asked him why he preferred black - a ugag color. :) Good times.

The real solution is for Adidas to develop a proper gold so we only need white trim, and vice versa.

Blue/white
Crimson/white
Orange/white
Cardinal/white
Navy/white
Maroon/white
Burnt Orange/white

GOLD / WHITE

Only photos I have found online are hard to tell whether blue or black numerals. VERY dark, whichever the color. I was surprised to see (didn't remember) that we also wore gold jerseys under Fulcher. At least there are photos of McAshan wearing a gold one.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Only photos I have found online are hard to tell whether blue or black numerals. VERY dark, whichever the color. I was surprised to see (didn't remember) that we also wore gold jerseys under Fulcher. At least there are photos of McAshan wearing a gold one.

Not in a game with Fulcher we didn’t wear Gold shirts.

I love uni talk, for all college teams, at the beginning of new seasons.

But just too much reliance is going on about how 45 year old pictures might look.

Just research paper articles for announcements back then about Fulcher going back to G/W/G home unis.

Look - ALL our coaches had G & W as the main colors.

Dodd (for the last 15 or so years of his tenure) used black as trim color
Carson - Black
Fulcher - Blue (and it was a dark Blue)
Pepper - Blue
curry - started blue and used blue home shirt one game in 81 vs ugag. Then started using black
Ross - Blue
Lewis - Blue
O’L - Blue
Gailey - Blue
Johnson - Blue
CGC - our third color is officially a Blue. BUT I will not be at all surprised if we see Black, silver, charcoal, gray, pewter, yellow, cream, electric blue, or who knows what in some specialty uni down the road.

I am now after all this not caring if we see blue pants or hats going forward. Screw it.

Our colors are G & W.

Ugag is r & b, but they use white and gray.

CU is orange & purple but they use white

Auburn is orange & blue but they use white (as does uf)

Puke is blue & white and they use black and gray.

Oklahoma is crimson & cream and they use white.

Our colors are White & Gold but like just about everybody else we will use a third color. So screw it and let’s try to freaking win.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Blue/white
Crimson/white
Orange/white
Cardinal/white
Navy/white
Maroon/white
Burnt Orange/white

GOLD / WHITE

I so wholeheartedly agree with this. The gold needs to be about 2 shades darker, and we would be good with very little trim color, if any.

Not in a game with Fulcher we didn’t wear Gold shirts.

I love uni talk, for all college teams, at the beginning of new seasons.

But just too much reliance is going on about how 45 year old pictures might look.

Just research paper articles for announcements back then about Fulcher going back to G/W/G home unis.

Look - ALL our coaches had G & W as the main colors.

Dodd (for the last 15 or so years of his tenure) used black as trim color
Carson - Black
Fulcher - Blue (and it was a dark Blue)
Pepper - Blue
curry - started blue and used blue home shirt one game in 81 vs ugag. Then started using black
Ross - Blue
Lewis - Blue
O’L - Blue
Gailey - Blue
Johnson - Blue
CGC - our third color is officially a Blue. BUT I will not be at all surprised if we see Black, silver, charcoal, gray, pewter, yellow, cream, electric blue, or who knows what in some specialty uni down the road.

I am now after all this not caring if we see blue pants or hats going forward. Screw it.

Our colors are G & W.

Ugag is r & b, but they use white and gray.

CU is orange & purple but they use white

Auburn is orange & blue but they use white (as does uf)

Puke is blue & white and they use black and gray.

Oklahoma is crimson & cream and they use white.

Our colors are White & Gold but like just about everybody else we will use a third color. So screw it and let’s try to freaking win.

I didn't remember us ever wearing gold jerseys under Fulcher either, but I also didn't remember us wearing them under Carson. Am I wrong there? Here is an online pic of McAshan wearing a gold jersey, but it doesn't give the year. Surely, he didn't just wear it for a photo op. The year is not given, but I found another one dated 1972, which is in b/w, but the jersey is clearly gold, since it's darker than the pants.

Eddie_McAshan_medium.jpg

BTW, local Augusta Tech friend who also hates blue confirms that Fulcher used blue trim, but he says it was a much darker blue than what we use now, thus appearing more black than blue.

Although I don't know that they still use it any (never bother to watch), but the mutts also have silver and were once referred to as the "silver britches" to contrast with Tech being the "yellow britches."

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Hasn’t the decision already been made on the gold color chip that will used in ALL our branding. TS made a big announcement shortly after the Russell contract expired.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Man that top one looks so much better imo. Look how bold that new gold is and how it makes the yellow font POP. That's as clean as it gets, fellas.
You keep saying “new gold,” but it’s the same gold that was used last year. Look at the pic on the bottom. The gold jersey matches exactly with the gold pants the white team wore. I think in pictures the white on gold with no outline looks fine, but in the daylight from a distance... there’s no shot you would be able to see the numbers. I think they should’ve outlined the numbers, and added a white and blue sleeve stripe like our old unis had. I also think the edited gold jersey in the bottom pic makes the white “shine” more, and further differentiates the 2 colors. Because the current gold is more like “sand” than “old gold” it’s not dark enough to stand alone with white.