2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Ask Gold1 what color the trim is. He apparently owns one. And why would the bobblehead doll have black trim, if the original uniform had blue trim. I say you are WRONG.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geot/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/uniforms.pdf
5EF36189-2CEF-4E6B-B97B-2600690DB120.png

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Ask Gold1 what color the trim is. He apparently owns one. And why would the bobblehead doll have black trim, if the original uniform had blue trim. I say you are WRONG.
There isn't much of a difference between black and navy in the first place. I seriously don't know why you make such a huge deal about this. I still have one of the replica jerseys and the trim is definitely navy.

There isn't much of a difference between black and navy in the first place. I seriously don't know why you make such a huge deal about this. I still have one of the replica jerseys and the trim is definitely navy.
Like I said, ask Gold1. I don't own one so I don't know, but all the miniature replicas have black, not navy. One of you is wrong or color blind. Which one is, I don't know. As far as why I tend to make big deal about it, it's because that until the NCAA forced us to wear dark jerseys at home, and navy was for unknown reasons chosen over black, the trim on the uniforms had been black at least since 1962, when I was in school, and probably long before that.

I’m looking at my replica Calvin jersey now. Navy trim. Not that it matters. This argument will unnecessarily go on until the trumpet sounds at this point.
And I just looked at all my miniature replicas of team members, helmet, and other stuff, and the trim on all of them is all black, not navy. Maybe that's a marketing error in one direction or the other, but if it is, that further proves how screwed up Tech marketing is.

To those of you who own Calvin jerseys (and again, I don't), were those jerseys made during Calvin's time at Tech or subsequent to that time. If subsequent, then it really doesn't prove one way or another what he actually wore.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
To those of you who own Calvin jerseys (and again, I don't), were those jerseys made during Calvin's time at Tech or subsequent to that time. If subsequent, then it really doesn't prove one way or another what he actually wore.
Like I said, ask Gold1. I don't own one so I don't know, but all the miniature replicas have black, not navy. One of you is wrong or color blind. Which one is, I don't know. As far as why I tend to make big deal about it, it's because that until the NCAA forced us to wear dark jerseys at home, and navy was for unknown reasons chosen over black, the trim on the uniforms had been black at least since 1962, when I was in school, and probably long before that.

I’ve owned replica jerseys since the early 90’s. All trim has been navy since then.

I’ve owned replica jerseys since the early 90’s. All trim has been navy since then.
But were those replicas made at the time the actual uniforms were made, or at a later date as a souvenir, like most such gear is made? And I don't disagree that the trim overall since the 90s has been navy; it's probably been like that since the late mid to late 80s. But that still doesn't necessarily mean that that was the case 100% of the time. After all the Black Watch jerseys in the mid 80s were black, even though, as far as I know, Tech had never worn black jerseys at any time in the past, not since then. Now if someone comes up with a Black Watch replica jersey that is navy, then I will go ballistic....LOL

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I bought mine during those years. I have a gold, white, and navy one. The gold and white jerseys both have navy on them.

I bought mine during those years. I have a gold, white, and navy one. The gold and white jerseys both have navy on them.
Well, if you own one actually made back then, I obviously cannot dispute it, other than to say that there is at least a slim possibility that what was sold did not exactly match what was worn. I guess only the members of the team can answer that question. But all the miniatures that I own that were made back then have then have black on them, not navy. Again, Tech marketing....sigh.