2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Oh No.
One guy is wearing a blue shirt .
He's probably like some people I know who post on here who say, "oh, I don't look good in gold or yellow; I prefer to wear blue." Like that should have anything to do with anything. Do you think Clemson fans think they look good in Clemson orange? Hell, no, but they wear it almost across the board for visible support of their team. I just don't understand why Tech fans are so snobby when it comes to what they wear.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He's probably like some people I know who post on here who say, "oh, I don't look good in gold or yellow; I prefer to wear blue." Like that should have anything to do with anything. Do you think Clemson fans think they look good in Clemson orange? Hell, no, but they wear it almost across the board for visible support of their team. I just don't understand why Tech fans are so snobby when it comes to what they wear.

Because Tech fans are snobby about almost everything I think :ROFLMAO:

Because Tech fans are snobby about almost everything I think :ROFLMAO:
Apparently so. Although I was too young to go to games in the 50s, and this may have been true all over the country, but I always heard that the male fans always, at least in the west stands, wore suits, and the women wore Sunday dresses, with even fur stoles for the colder games. WOW, what an elite bunch.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Tennessee people love that orange. They love to wear it, they love to drive around in jeeps that color, they love to paint walls in their house that color. Yes. Tennessee people love that orange and think they look damn good in it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Tennessee people love that orange. They love to wear it, they love to drive around in jeeps that color, they love to paint walls in their house that color. Yes. Tennessee people love that orange and think they look damn good in it.

Redundant post....LOL
I lived in Tenn for 2 1/2 years in the mid 60s. I don't remember a plethora of orange there back then; maybe it's changed. But it sure hasn't changed at Clemson.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and there are two Tennessee fans up here and they both have Tennessee Orange Jeep Wranglers with the big T on the spare tire. I have an aunt that lives in Clemson and they love to wear their orange too. Not sure what your point was, but it's all over the place.

I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago and there are two Tennessee fans up here and they both have Tennessee Orange Jeep Wranglers with the big T on the spare tire. I have an aunt that lives in Clemson and they love to wear their orange too. Not sure what your point was, but it's all over the place.
My point was that ardent fans display their true colors, not an alternate one, and especially not because of a sense of "fashion."

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This gets back to the point made a long time ago, that you just refuse to understand. People associate white and gold with Georgia Tech. BUT people also associate blue with Georgia Tech. Just because it's not a PRIMARY color, and you don't like it, doesn't mean people don't associate GT with the navy blue too. You wear your gold. Wear it proudly. Great for you. But if others want to wear blue, or if the players want blue in the uniform, have at it. As long as everyone is cheering for GT, who cares?

This gets back to the point made a long time ago, that you just refuse to understand. People associate white and gold with Georgia Tech. BUT people also associate blue with Georgia Tech. Just because it's not a PRIMARY color, and you don't like it, doesn't mean people don't associate GT with the navy blue too. You wear your gold. Wear it proudly. Great for you. But if others want to wear blue, or if the players want blue in the uniform, have at it. As long as everyone is cheering for GT, who cares?
I understand your point, but the FACT is, regardless of blue, for whatever reason, being an apparently alternate color, Tech is still the White and Gold. Clemson's alternate color is purple, but the number of fans wearing purple gear is FAR SURPASSED by those wearing orange. It should be the same for Tech.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think if Tech didn't have two subdued colors, then it might be different. Unfortunately, the white and gold blend into each other. There's no pop. The orange/purple/garnet/red/crimson/etc. are all bold, dominant colors. That's just the way it is.

I think if Tech didn't have two subdued colors, then it might be different. Unfortunately, the white and gold blend into each other. There's no pop. The orange/purple/garnet/red/crimson/etc. are all bold, dominant colors. That's just the way it is.
You really think blue "pops"? Look at the stands when people don't wear gold or white and tell me that it looks any different than a concert arena or church or a non-Trump political rally. Nothing pops out at all. It's just bland and lifeless. If, and I know this will never happen, every Tech fan in the stand wore some shade of gold or yellow, it would pop out as much as Clemson orange does. But no, "I don't look good in gold, so I'm gonna wear what I want to wear." Nothing "pops out" with only a few wearing it, other than to make them look different the person next to them. If only a few hundred Clemson fans wore orange to their games, that would be the only reason it would "pop out" there; because they would look different from those around them. Apparently, the yellow jackets/coats and white dresses the Tech men and female fans wore to games in the 1890s "popped out" enough that Yellow Jackets became the team name and white and gold the school colors.