2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just put white pants on it and it would be perfect.
IMO, it still needs work. The GT logo on the helmet needs to be white with black outline as do the numbers.

This is good too:
photos.medleyphoto.2242713.jpg

Milwaukee

Banned
You really think blue "pops"? Look at the stands when people don't wear gold or white and tell me that it looks any different than a concert arena or church or a non-Trump political rally. Nothing pops out at all. It's just bland and lifeless. If, and I know this will never happen, every Tech fan in the stand wore some shade of gold or yellow, it would pop out as much as Clemson orange does. But no, "I don't look good in gold, so I'm gonna wear what I want to wear." Nothing "pops out" with only a few wearing it, other than to make them look different the person next to them. If only a few hundred Clemson fans wore orange to their games, that would be the only reason it would "pop out" there; because they would look different from those around them. Apparently, the yellow jackets/coats and white dresses the Tech men and female fans wore to games in the 1890s "popped out" enough that Yellow Jackets became the team name and white and gold the school colors.

Our crowd looks identical to a Michigan game as far as the 3 colors, minus 60k of course. It doesn't look bad at all imo. Notre Dame is the same minus their enormous green student section.

Our crowd looks identical to a Michigan game as far as the 3 colors, minus 60k of course. It doesn't look bad at all imo. Notre Dame is the same minus their enormous green student section.
But why should we look like a Michigan crowd, or any other crowd, when we COULD look unique in gold, if everybody wore it. A smattering of any color throughout the stadium won't do it; it's uniformity that makes it work.

Milwaukee

Banned
But why should we look like a Michigan crowd, or any other crowd, when we COULD look unique in gold, if everybody wore it. A smattering of any color throughout the stadium won't do it; it's uniformity that makes it work.

That's what the gold outs are for every once in a while. Same with whiteouts. But for the most part just wear your Tech gear and head to the stadium, whatever color it is.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I really liked the Black Watch uniforms, but that's been so long ago, that you may be right in saying that the blue ones would look better.

Of course, it must be said to stir the pot even more, that we never had a “Black Watch” uniform. Only a few guys, all D players, had different color trim on their hats. Really segregated them from teammates, but probably only 8 to 10 guys.

Hardly a TEAM uni.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think if Tech didn't have two subdued colors, then it might be different. Unfortunately, the white and gold blend into each other. There's no pop. The orange/purple/garnet/red/crimson/etc. are all bold, dominant colors. That's just the way it is.

Can not disagree, BUT if Adidas did their job correctly and came up with a darker / bolder / Old Gold ( similar to what Texas Burnt orange is to orange) it could be different.

That's what the gold outs are for every once in a while. Same with whiteouts. But for the most part just wear your Tech gear and head to the stadium, whatever color it is.
Why should it be like that for only for "gold out" games? Why can't it be like that for all games? Clemson doesn't have "orange out" games, nor does Georgia have "red out" games. The fans wear the colors to EVERY game.

Of course, it must be said to stir the pot even more, that we never had a “Black Watch” uniform. Only a few guys, all D players, had different color trim on their hats. Really segregated them from teammates, but probably only 8 to 10 guys.

Hardly a TEAM uni.
Sorry, but we DID wear Black jerseys for some of the game, and EVERYBODY on the team wore them.