2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Again, that is not a color photo, so we have no idea what the actual colors of the jerseys or the pants were in 1917. As far as the blue jerseys in the 40s goes, I have already conceded that both Alexander and Dodd used blue jerseys, but not exclusively by any means.
Cool. Then since no one is advocating exclusivity and Alexander and Dodd both used blue, we’re good right?

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Since it is not a color photo, you have no more idea than I do as to what the color of the jerseys was. It could have been brown, black, or blue. Interesting, however, that the diagram of the uniform has a gold jersey.
You are correct. I’m asking you to prove through a source (rather than word of mouth) that almost all jerseys were brown prior to the 30’s because that is just not true.

You are correct. I’m asking you to prove through a source (rather than word of mouth) that almost all jerseys were brown prior to the 30’s because that is just not true.
The only thing I can say to that is look at photos of various teams throughout the country prior to the 30s, and they are almost impossible to differentiate, even in some games when both teams wore very similar uniforms. Maybe they were able to differentiate by attendees of the games, but in the photos and the films, in some games, both teams looked virtually the same, as far as uniform colors went.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
The only thing I can say to that is look at photos of various teams throughout the country prior to the 30s, and they are almost impossible to differentiate, even in some games when both teams wore very similar uniforms. Maybe they were able to differentiate by attendees of the games, but in the photos and the films, in some games, both teams looked virtually the same, as far as uniform colors went.
So you admit we wore “dark colors”.. Possibly blue?

So we wore blue before you attended Tech (During the Dodd & Alexander era), and for several years after you attended Tech.. but you still don’t count blue as a color?

So you admit we wore “dark colors”.. Possibly blue?

So we wore blue before you attended Tech (During the Dodd & Alexander era), and for several years after you attended Tech.. but you still don’t count blue as a color?
I have never disputed anything you said, but the use of blue through the years, as far as I have been able to determine, has been minimum, except for the the time from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, when we had to wear dark jerseys at home. Why blue was ever chosen over black is what baffles me, other than the fact that black is one of the mutts' primary colors. But we still wore black trim from at least the mid 40s till the 80s. Blue is IMO a bad choice for a secondary color, but it is what it is. I mostly object to all blue uniforms, worn by the basketball, softball, and volleyball teams and overused by the baseball team. I can deal with the blue jerseys for the football teams, although I would still prefer black, if anything other than white or gold, but blue pants or all blue uniforms suck.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
All you do is bring up teams that wear white and gold every once in a while and act like thats their permanent uniform when its really not

Just as a point of discussion, I would venture lsu wears G/W/G (yes yes yes yes yes a different shade of Gold) more often than we do.

My complaint is strictly the awful, truly awful, blue pants we wore 3 times last year.

Those were truly a spit in the face of our Gold / White & blue primary and secondary colors. Inexcusable.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
All you do is bring up teams that wear white and gold every once in a while and act like thats their permanent uniform when its really not

I think he reacted to a post where somebody said NOBODY wears a G/W/G uni regardless of their primary colors or h & a.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
All my friends up here in MI can’t figure us out. I constantly get asked why we’re the “Yellow Jackets” but wear gold/white/navy blue. What is a Rambling Wreck? why do we have a bumblebee mascot and a gold model T ford driving onto the field? Lol

Tech can’t get out of its own way when it comes to branding....

Yes, I know the backstory on the Yellow Jacket part.

Do they ask about auburn plainesmen / tigers / war eagles? Bama tide or red elephants? Miss state bulldogs or maroons?

Or are they ignorant of all that is southern football?

Just as a point of discussion, I would venture lsu wears G/W/G (yes yes yes yes yes a different shade of Gold) more often than we do.

My complaint is strictly the awful, truly awful, blue pants we wore 3 times last year.

Those were truly a spit in the face of our Gold / White & blue primary and secondary colors. Inexcusable.
Actually the LSU "Gold" is yellow.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I have never disputed anything you said, but the use of blue through the years, as far as I have been able to determine, has been minimum, except for the the time from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, when we had to wear dark jerseys at home. Why blue was ever chosen over black is what baffles me, other than the fact that black is one of the mutts' primary colors. But we still wore black trim from at least the mid 40s till the 80s. Blue is IMO a bad choice for a secondary color, but it is what it is. I mostly object to all blue uniforms, worn by the basketball, softball, and volleyball teams and overused by the baseball team. I can deal with the blue jerseys for the football teams, although I would still prefer black, if anything other than white or gold, but blue pants or all blue uniforms suck.

The bolded above: False

The bolded, italicized, underlined statement: I am glad you’ve come to this conclusion. / thread.

Let’s grab a beer sometime this season. I enjoy your enthusiasm for Tech football. We share the same feelings, just express it in different ways (color choices)