2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

UGA wears silver britches and it is not one of their primary colors

FSU ocassionally wears black unis

Notre Dame wears green unis from time to time (secondary color)

I can go on and on.
I wasn't aware that the mutts still used the silver britches, but back before Dooley, they almost always wore them. COFH was often referred to as "yellow britches vs silver britches".

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that it says "Buzz and the Ramblin’ Wreck logos are secondary and should never be used in place of the interlocking GT." And yet blue is a secondary color and has lately been used in place of the primary colors.

Yep. They definitely screwed that one up and did not follow their own written guidelines. Go figure ...

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting that it says "Buzz and the Ramblin’ Wreck logos are secondary and should never be used in place of the interlocking GT." And yet blue is a secondary color and has lately been used in place of the primary colors.
Does it say anywhere that we can’t use blue as a base color for our uniforms? No.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep. They definitely screwed that one up and did not follow their own written guidelines. Go figure ...
They also screwed this up

92BFE039-7A7C-45FF-8887-23ECB813164C.jpeg

crut

Helluva Engineer
Let's just assume on average we play 13 games a year for football. Based on the brand and the other patterns GT follows, I'd like to see something like (I'm flexible on pants and helmet for the most part... I have preferences but I wouldn't complain):

White Jerseys in some variation: 8-9 games
Gold Jerseys in some variation: 2-3 games
Navy Jerseys in some variation: 1-2 games
Some unique alternate jersey (exs: blackout, color rush, camo, grey/silver, yellow jacket insect theme, honeycomb theme,etc): 1 game

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I can deal with the Navy Jerseys maybe once a year, but NEVER NEVER NEVER again all blue unis or blue pants.

Let's just assume on average we play 13 games a year for football. Based on the brand and the other patterns GT follows, I'd like to see something like (I'm flexible on pants and helmet for the most part... I have preferences but I wouldn't complain):

White Jerseys in some variation: 8-9 games
Gold Jerseys in some variation: 2-3 games
Navy Jerseys in some variation: 1-2 games
Some unique alternate jersey (exs: blackout, color rush, camo, grey/silver, yellow jacket insect theme, honeycomb theme,etc): 1 game

This is exactly what we should be doing. But it requires anyone at GTAA to have half a brain when it comes to marketing and branding.

No problem with alternates and the occasional use of Navy as an alternate, but the general public should always think of white and gold when they think of Georgia Tech.

Navy jerseys should be limited to a once a year alternate. Always with white pants, white numbers and gold hat (1990 and 2006 ACCCG template). Blue pants should never happen.

And for God's sake can we please fix our media package that we provide to ESPN and the other Media Partners??? Why are we using blue as our primary color for scoring and logos? There is somebody at GTAA making that decision. Gold should be used for all of our branding. White logo on gold for the primary, gold logo on white for the alternate.

Primary
gt-new-color-2.jpg
Alternate
Georgia-Tech-New-logo-f.png
NEVER (for media branding purposes - disregard wrong shade of gold)
geotec01.jpg

There aren't a whole lot of positives since Tech gold was announced, but while you weren't looking the actual school adopted the same colors as the AA. All those yellows and blacks in our institutional commercials will go away, so that's definitely a positive.

gt-logo-colors5.png gt-logo-colors2.png

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly what we should be doing. But it requires anyone at GTAA to have half a brain when it comes to marketing and branding.

No problem with alternates and the occasional use of Navy as an alternate, but the general public should always think of white and gold when they think of Georgia Tech.

Navy jerseys should be limited to a once a year alternate. Always with white pants, white numbers and gold hat (1990 and 2006 ACCCG template). Blue pants should never happen.

And for God's sake can we please fix our media package that we provide to ESPN and the other Media Partners??? Why are we using blue as our primary color for scoring and logos? There is somebody at GTAA making that decision. Gold should be used for all of our branding. White logo on gold for the primary, gold logo on white for the alternate.

Primary
View attachment 5225
Alternate
View attachment 5226
NEVER (for media branding purposes - disregard wrong shade of gold)
View attachment 5227

There aren't a whole lot of positives since Tech gold was announced, but while you weren't looking the actual school adopted the same colors as the AA. All those yellows and blacks in our institutional commercials will go away, so that's definitely a positive.

View attachment 5228 View attachment 5229
Boom! Spot on. Why can't the people within the GTAA understand this though?