2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

I know it's Clemson because of the paw print and reasons other than color. They have a fairly standard orange worn by other teams.

Texas I could guess when they're wearing burnt orange, yes.

I think if you ask any non-GT fan who the flagship school of "gold" is, they'll likely say Notre Dame. I'm not sure adding white to the mix will change the perception of the casual fan. In fact, I'm not sure many would confidently know of a 2nd team that calls gold their primary color, because yellow... maybe they'd say Army?

Look, I'm good with more gold, so I'm not arguing it. I just don't know that the colors resonate or will resonate with anyone unless we start winning big also. If we win big, we could wear green and pink then everyone will recognize us as GT.
I don't know any other team that wears that bright orange that Clemson uses. Yes, the tiger paw confirms it, but when I see bright orange jerseys, I immediately think of Clemson. But I agree with you that the colors will resonate when we start winning big. I just hope when (NOT IF) we do, we're not wearing UVA/Auburn/PSU blue.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know any other team that wears that bright orange that Clemson uses. Yes, the tiger paw confirms it, but when I see bright orange jerseys, I immediately think of Clemson. But I agree with you that the colors will resonate when we start winning big. I just hope when (NOT IF) we do, we're not wearing UVA/Auburn/PSU blue.

What about when Clemson wears purple?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I think most would assume Clemson too, but it has more to do with their current stature. And for us and in the southeast, it's a regional thing.

But color does not differentiate them.

upload_2019-2-20_12-8-52.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-6-38.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-6-46.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-6-53.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-7-0.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-7-6.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-7-12.png

upload_2019-2-20_12-7-19.png

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think most would assume Clemson too, but it has more to do with their current stature. And for us and in the southeast, it's a regional thing.

But color does not differentiate them.

View attachment 5219

View attachment 5212

View attachment 5213

View attachment 5214

View attachment 5215

View attachment 5216

View attachment 5217

View attachment 5218
At least on my monitor, those all appear to be different shades of orange, with only Clemson having the only bright, almost garish shade. Regardless, however, each of those schools is recognized as having orange as a primary color. Blue is not a primary color for Tech.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Well yeah I know that but we are treating it as our main and only color. That's the problem

UGA wears silver britches and it is not one of their primary colors

FSU ocassionally wears black unis

Notre Dame wears green unis from time to time (secondary color)

I can go on and on.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
UGA wears silver britches and it is not one of their primary colors

FSU ocassionally wears black unis

Notre Dame wears green unis from time to time (secondary color)

I can go on and on.

I remember way back when UGA football players wore silver helmets.