2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
And Navy blue is too UVA, Auburn, Pitt, Penn State, etc, etc for me
Maybe it is just me, but the "blue" we currently have is not what I think of as Navy blue. The blue we had in our national championship year was much darker than the blue worn in our bowl this year. FWIW I do not care for the blue we wore this past year. Are we a FCS team trying to be like Pitt? Like the Black Watch uniforms though IF used with the traditional white jerseys and old gold pants and black trim. That's is just me. Younger folks would probably differ but I do think that sticking with a color scheme that is instantly recognizable as GEORGIA TECH is the way to go. I am thinking of the UGA red and black with white pants, the Auburn blue and burnt orange, Alabama with the old school deep crimson, LSU with the white jerseys, gold pants and purple trim. etc.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
nd-12-navygold-mattcashore-675x380.jpg

Looks nice...on Notre Dame. Do not care to have our teams looking like the Irish. Just me though.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I mean they look good but give me a Gold Home Jersey 50 times over before I would want a Black One, let UGA keep their Embarrassing losses and their Black.

To be honest, I kind of liked the Gailey era all gold look. Not too many teams have that. Gold helmets with the traditional GT interlocking, Gold jerseys with black trim and the white pants with gold and black trim. I thought it looked pretty sharp but it had plenty of detractors to be sure. No matter what anyone does, there are going to be people who do not like it. Such is the way of the Institute.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, I kind of liked the Gailey era all gold look. Not too many teams have that. Gold helmets with the traditional GT interlocking, Gold jerseys with black trim and the white pants with gold and black trim. I thought it looked pretty sharp but it had plenty of detractors to be sure. No matter what anyone does, there are going to be people who do not like it. Such is the way of the Institute.
2009 Wake Forrest still the Funnest game I’ve ever been to and still my favorite uniforms we’ve ever worn.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Can we please stop with weird CPJ French fry comment. We didn't look like french fries when we were wearing these or last night in the basketball game.
IMG_-sxqzob.jpg

in 1936, they didn't wear facemasks. What are you on about?

We're also in the Common Era, but that doesn't mean the world is the same since Jesus walked around Jerusalem. How absurd.
I'm not telling you what I THINK; I telling you what I READ. Some also say the modern era of college football began in 1946, after WWII. In either case, the modern era goes back much further than you apparently THINK.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
in 1936, they didn't wear facemasks. What are you on about?

We're also in the Common Era, but that doesn't mean the world is the same since Jesus walked around Jerusalem. How absurd.
Now, come on. It’s bad form to bring up “when Jesus walked” when you are debating with one of his contemporaries.

Sorry, @Supersizethatorder-mutt. You gotta swing at those hanging curve balls. Beers (plural) are on me next time you stop by my tailgate! :)

Can we please stop with weird CPJ French fry comment. We didn't look like french fries when we were wearing these or last night in the basketball game.
View attachment 5099
That photo is not all gold, and it looks great. Gold helmet, jerseys, and pants would definitely look like french fries, and that's what the original post was saying. All gold basketball unis look GREAT.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hope you're sitting down, but Collins mentioned on the Jim Rome Show that yellow and black were Georgia Tech's colors. Not gold, not navy, not white. Yellow and black. He was referencing the colors of Waffle House, for perspective.
He is consistent. I will give him that in the branding. "Waffle House Gold er Yellow" How is that?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I hope we do. I would love to see new combinations with white, gold , and navy. But we need to keep the "Gold helmet, white jersey, and gold pants" uniform for sure

There was an article a couple of years ago about what ACC football players remember most about certain opponents. One guy, I think he played for Miami said that he remembered the Gold helmets with the GT. Interesting.