2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Whiskey_Clear posted on the Roman Reigns thread that blue was a traditional color for Tech. I countered with the fact that Tech has won two BIG games wearing blue jerseys. We have definitely lost a bunch of lesser games wearing blue, but the biggest big game we lost was in Athens in 1942 (and no, I wasn't even born yet, so I wasn't there....LOL). We were ranked number 1 in the country and on our way to the Rose Bowl, when the mutts not only upset us, they mauled us and ended up going to the Rose Bowl instead. That game alone should have resulted in the blue jerseys being trashed forever. So, NO, blue is NOT a tradition for Tech.

Thanks for adding more info showing Navy is indeed a traditional color going back to at least 1942. :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have worn blue jerseys several times since the 30s, but we have lost more games wearing them than we have won. That is NOT a tradition that I would claim. But for the majority of years since the 30s, if not before, we have only worn white and gold. Those games in which we wore blue were few and far between.

We have won big games wearing white and gold...and lost big games wearing white and gold. Ditto navy. Just be glad we wear white and gold more often. Lovers of navy unis aren’t as lucky.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
We have worn blue jerseys several times since the 30s, but we have lost more games wearing them than we have won. That is NOT a tradition that I would claim. But for the majority of years since the 30s, if not before, we have only worn white and gold. Those games in which we wore blue were few and far between.
Tradition is still tradition and we should wear navy once in awhile. maybe once a year. And we have had great success wearing navy jerseys. We won our last national championship wearing Navy jerseys at home every game that year.

Tradition is still tradition and we should wear navy once in awhile. maybe once a year. And we have had great success wearing navy jerseys. We won our last national championship wearing Navy jerseys at home every game that year.
The ONLY reason we wore blue jerseys at all that year was because of the stupid NCAA rule at that time which forbade home teams from wearing white. That silly rule was put in place sometime in the late 80s and wisely removed in the 90s. As far as having "great success" wearing navy jerseys, we also had great failure wearing them. IMO you don't redefine tradition based solely on the results of two games.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
The ONLY reason we wore blue jerseys at all that year was because of the stupid NCAA rule at that time which forbade home teams from wearing white. That silly rule was put in place sometime in the late 80s and wisely removed in the 90s. As far as having "great success" wearing navy jerseys, we also had great failure wearing them. IMO you don't redefine tradition based solely on the results of two games.
What do you mean by two games? we went undefeated that year at home. The year before that we beat U(sic)GA at home wearing Navy jerseys.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Like somebody said previously on here. Can we just stick to white and gold please and truly be unique. Case closed

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You don't consider the 50s the modern era ??? Everybody else certainly does.

Do you mean the literal version of the "modern era"? Like modern history? Yes, 1950 does fall between today and 1500.

From a college football standpoint, absolutely zero people think of the 50s as the "modern era". A player in the 50s wouldn't even recognize the modern game as far as recruiting, tv exposure, celebrity and most importantly MONEY. Hell, my dad played in the 70s and college football is a totally different landscape then it was back then.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize that, but the only game that anyone ever brings up is the Citrus Bowl game.
I am a white on gold uniform guy till I die. Me and Gold1 can agree that once a year with Navy on white uniform is acceptable. It is a classic tribute to those great teams of the late 80s and early 90s. I would also love to see a goldout game with gold color rush jerseys.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a white on gold uniform guy till I die. Me and Gold1 can agree that once a year with Navy on white uniform is acceptable. It is a classic tribute to those great teams of the late 80s and early 90s. I would also love to see a goldout game with gold color rush jerseys.
all gold would look terrible. like a bunch of damn french fries running around

Do you mean the literal version of the "modern era"? Like modern history? Yes, 1950 does fall between today and 1500.

From a college football standpoint, absolutely zero people think of the 50s as the "modern era". A player in the 50s wouldn't even recognize the modern game as far as recruiting, tv exposure, celebrity and most importantly MONEY. Hell, my dad played in the 70s and college football is a totally different landscape then it was back then.
The modern era of college football began in 1936 with the entrance on the scene of the AP poll.