2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Navy is a SECONDARY color. Our UNIQUE PRIMARY colors are White and Gold, and by unique, I mean we are the only school in the country, other than Xavier New Orleans, to have those PRIMARY colors. Why eff it up with making a SECONDARY color an alternate one?

I’m not sure that’s correct. Technically, navy is a tertiary (third) color. In many brand applications, tertiary is limited to no more than ten percent, e.g., accents.

Me thinks the ulterior goal is to make navy a primary color because it is easier to manufacture.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Technically, navy is a tertiary (third) color. In many brand applications, tertiary is limited to no more than ten percent, e.g., accents.

Me thinks the ulterior goal is to make navy a primary color because it is easier to manufacture.
Navy WAS the tertiary color until TStan and Adidas made it secondary last year. It was only declared to be an official tertiary color in the late 70s or 80s, and I hated it when they did so. It should NEVER be declared a primary color for Tech.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Navy is a SECONDARY color. Our UNIQUE PRIMARY colors are White and Gold, and by unique, I mean we are the only school in the country, other than Xavier New Orleans, to have those PRIMARY colors. Why eff it up with making a SECONDARY color an alternate one?
Gold symbolizes success, superior quality, and white is the color of perfection. We should embrace these 2 colors as our only school colors for sure. However, we do need a trim color, either black or dark navy blue which is almost black. I was hoping we could standardize our colors when we switched to Adidas, but that seems not the case. Regarding colors, the enemy seems not to be Russell or Adidas, but rather our own selves.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Gold symbolizes success, superior quality, and white is the color of perfection. We should embrace these 2 colors as our only school colors for sure. However, we do need a trim color, either black or dark navy blue which is almost black. I was hoping we could standardize our colors when we switched to Adidas, but that seems not the case. Regarding colors, the enemy seems not to be Russell or Adidas, but rather our own selves.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Yep, seems to me our brand is more confused than ever right now.

@Whiskey_Clear posted on the Roman Reigns thread that blue was a traditional color for Tech. I countered with the fact that Tech has won two BIG games wearing blue jerseys. We have definitely lost a bunch of lesser games wearing blue, but the biggest big game we lost was in Athens in 1942 (and no, I wasn't even born yet, so I wasn't there....LOL). We were ranked number 1 in the country and on our way to the Rose Bowl, when the mutts not only upset us, they mauled us and ended up going to the Rose Bowl instead. That game alone should have resulted in the blue jerseys being trashed forever. So, NO, blue is NOT a tradition for Tech.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
@Whiskey_Clear posted on the Roman Reigns thread that blue was a traditional color for Tech. I countered with the fact that Tech has won two BIG games wearing blue jerseys. We have definitely lost a bunch of lesser games wearing blue, but the biggest big game we lost was in Athens in 1942 (and no, I wasn't even born yet, so I wasn't there....LOL). We were ranked number 1 in the country and on our way to the Rose Bowl, when the mutts not only upset us, they mauled us and ended up going to the Rose Bowl instead. That game alone should have resulted in the blue jerseys being trashed forever. So, NO, blue is NOT a tradition for Tech.
Wait a second, we wore blue jerseys in 1942 and you think that navy isn't a traditional color!?!? Not trying to get in an argument here because I know you're feelings about it, but I just wanted to point that out.

Wait a second, we wore blue jerseys in 1942 and you think that navy isn't a traditional color!?!? Not trying to get in an argument here because I know you're feelings about it, but I just wanted to point that out.
We have worn blue jerseys several times since the 30s, but we have lost more games wearing them than we have won. That is NOT a tradition that I would claim. But for the majority of years since the 30s, if not before, we have only worn white and gold. Those games in which we wore blue were few and far between.