2019-2020 GT Hoops Schedule

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This team if it gets it together could end up being an interesting case late in the season.
Before Usher is available, GT has to play @NCST, @UGA, ARK, Neb, Syr and @KY.
Just winning half of those games would be a good result.

So we have 2 games before Dec 10th against ACC teams that we are likely to be competing against for placement in the ACC middle. We do get to play each again with Usher later.
Then the first 3 ACC Games Usher is available for are @FSU (the third ACC game before Jan 1), @UNC, Duke. Our ACC record has the potential to be pretty poor early.
But the last half of the ACC schedule is really set up with the possibility of getting hot.
Starting with NCST at home on Jan 25th, the rest of the ACC schedule is @ND, VT, @Pitt, L'ville, @Wake, @Syracuse, Clemson, Miami, Pitt, @Clemson. Only the L'ville game gives me pause.

This team could be hovering around .500 after the Duke game, and even going into the second NCST game, but could start to win more at that point.
If GT is a bubble NCAA team I wonder if they will look at all into pre-Usher and post-Usher records.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Those last four games should all be W's. IF we close the season on a four game streak....oh baby.

upload_2019-9-13_8-46-13.jpeg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Have they announced dates for OOC games yet?

Edit. I found it. No games between November 11/Elon and November 20/@Uga
Was hoping to hit a basketball game and a football in the same weekend this year....

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
FYI: noticed after the ACC slate was put on the schedule that we have a Jan. 28 engagement with Morehouse to give us a 31 game schedule. A
breather between ACC games.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Have they announced dates for OOC games yet?

Edit. I found it. No games between November 11/Elon and November 20/@Uga
Was hoping to hit a basketball game and a football in the same weekend this year....

I'm accomplishing this by going to the NC State football game, followed by Arkansas. Thursday to Tuesday.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

The link took me to CBS Sports/Flaherty's ranking of the acc. He has GT @ 15. Hope the team makes him eat those words. I think we have some great players & will do MUCH better than that!

Plus he has this quote:
"Can Josh Pastner survive with the possibility that the Yellow Jackets won’t make it to the postseason until 2022?"
WTH- 2022? We only have a 1yr post season ban correct?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Anyone heading to Lexington on Dec 14th?
I doubt football is going bowling and that is usually a trip that the kiddo and I make yearly

I'm thinking we will do a road trip to Rupp and see how things shake down in Wildcat town.
I've never been, but imagine it's a great venue!