2019-2020 GT Hoops Schedule

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Someone either doesn't follow the news or has next level sarcasm skills...
With the Appeal from GT the team is eligible for any and all postseason play. The average time frame for the ncaa to conclude an appeal is about 6+ months. With that being said the time is NOW! Come out and support!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Me and my 3 will be there tomorrow trying out new seats in 110. My 5 yr old son has been waiting for this for months. I’m excited for the season. Screw the ban and the ncaa.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
While we're under appeal, the punishment is stayed. We remain post-season eligible until the appeal process is exhausted.

correct. There are some prognosticators that think the appeal will last the season as well.

a post season ban next year would absolutely hurt, but I think our upside is higher this year than next given the fact that James is here. Next year with Mike, Jose, Bubba, Jordan and Moses has potential to be really good, but this year we honestly have high end potential to be a second weekend team, I truly believe that. If the NCAA somehow comes out of it’s stupor and realizes it’s heavy handiness we should be looking at back to back NCAA tournament births.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
correct. There are some prognosticators that think the appeal will last the season as well.

a post season ban next year would absolutely hurt, but I think our upside is higher this year than next given the fact that James is here. Next year with Mike, Jose, Bubba, Jordan and Moses has potential to be really good, but this year we honestly have high end potential to be a second weekend team, I truly believe that. If the NCAA somehow comes out of it’s stupor and realizes it’s heavy handiness we should be looking at back to back NCAA tournament births.
I agree and have said so for awhile, which is why the ban was a killer. I understand fighting it, but odds are very very long. The appeal is not where we should have fought them, it should have been in the process. Tstan was hosed either way and I truly wonder if he doesn't sit around wondering how his basketball coach could be so ignorant.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Has anyone looked into TV coverage for today's exhibition with Georgia College? (2pm)
What is ACCN-extra?
anyone found a free stream?
the (WatchOnline) link from Wreck leads to watchESPN which is usually blacked out or paywalled for me ...
(but i'll try that first - link is in link below)
https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-basketball-hosts-georgia-college-in-exhibition/

I clicked on the ACCN Extra text (by the game info on the schedule)and it brought up the screen for the game. It asked me to Login. Since I already have ESPN+ it logged me in (without username/password) and it seems ready to play at 2 pm. We'll see.

Deleted member 2897

Kentucky had like 9 5-stars on their team a couple years ago and lost 10 games. Their problem is sometimes like SEC football - they can win a lot, but they’re also undisciplined and sometimes I n it only for themselves and their future NBA career.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not worried about KY, that is more than a month off - they aren't going to be mad and pissed off a month from now about last night's game.
Funny thing was Evansville didn't do anything special. 9-30 from three, sub 50% shooting from the floor. It was just a game with 2 solid but unspectacular performances by the teams with Evansville just coming out on top.

Every game is different and has a different flow and a different feel. More importantly, the level that a team plays at tends to be a little different every game.
I generally assume there are around 15-20% of the games where the team plays so well they are going to beat almost anyone they play. There are 15-20% o the games they play so poorly they are going to lose to whoever they player. It's the other 60-70% of the games that determine how successful your season is.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not worried about KY, that is more than a month off - they aren't going to be mad and pissed off a month from now about last night's game.
Funny thing was Evansville didn't do anything special. 9-30 from three, sub 50% shooting from the floor. It was just a game with 2 solid but unspectacular performances by the teams with Evansville just coming out on top.

Every game is different and has a different flow and a different feel. More importantly, the level that a team plays at tends to be a little different every game.
I generally assume there are around 15-20% of the games where the team plays so well they are going to beat almost anyone they play. There are 15-20% o the games they play so poorly they are going to lose to whoever they player. It's the other 60-70% of the games that determine how successful your season is.

Great perspective, there are a few here that could use some of it.