2019-2020 GT Hoops Schedule

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Actually ran into Bonner on South College St today after our game. Nice guy. Doesn't mean I like him any more as an announcer, but seems like a guy who would have great stories if you sat at a bar with him.

FWIW, FSU was checking into hotel as I got there. Saw Charlton and thought about kidnapping him and bringing him back home.

We'd have to pay him $500K plus whatever goes in the bags.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Alexander isn’t bad.
I like Dan Dakich, he’s one of my favorites.
I like Bilas more on as a Cc than a podcast guy. The last two podcasts I’ve heard him on he’s come off as a real *****.
I also like Jordan Cornette and LaPhonso Ellis.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So here is what our schedule looks like so far for next season,

ACC
Home and Away - NC ST (@ Nov 5), Clemson, ND, L'ville, Syracuse, Pitt
Home - Duke, Miami, VT, UVA
Away - UNC, FSU, Wake, BC

OOC
UGA - @stegman Nov 20th
Ark - home Nov 25th

GT is also playing in the Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu Dec 22, 23, 25
other teams are Ball St, Boise St, Hawaii, Houston, Portland, UTEP, Washington

So that should leave 5 games to schedule.

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So here is what our schedule looks like so far for next season,

ACC
Home and Away - NC ST (@ Nov 5), Clemson, ND, L'ville, Syracuse, Pitt
Home - Duke, Miami, VT, UVA
Away - UNC, FSU, Wake, BC

OOC
UGA - @stegman Nov 20th
Ark - home Nov 25th

GT is also playing in the Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu Dec 22, 23, 25
other teams are Ball St, Boise St, Hawaii, Houston, Portland, UTEP, Washington

So that should leave 5 games to schedule.

Just wanted to include Red's work in the schedule thread.

I need to figure out an away game to target.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Just wanted to include Red's work in the schedule thread.

I need to figure out an away game to target.

Are we playing a '4th' game against one of the teams in the Hawaii tournament (rules allow for that - usually a team in the other 'half' of bracket)?
ACC-Big 10 Challenge - Assume GT is playing in it this year - and likely a home game given road game this past season - I know pairings get posted in month or two ... Any news?

Expanded ACC schedule leaves room for about 5 more home games against. Playing conference games very early in season can give teams with more players returning an advantage early in the season.
Downside to the expanded ACC schedule is it limits chances to play stronger teams out of conference.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe last season was the last of the GT-TN contract.
And we should have a ACC-Big 10 game which should be a home game.
That would leave 4 more to schedule.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck

Out of curiosity would Usher and/or Parham be able to play? This isn't regular season, even though we haven't heard on their waivers, and probably won't until the season begins. Also at least Usher is in school, and Parham may be this summer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Out of curiosity would Usher and/or Parham be able to play? This isn't regular season, even though we haven't heard on their waivers, and probably won't until the season begins. Also at least Usher is in school, and Parham may be this summer.

GT hoops reports in the summer, so everyone is in school by June at the latest, although I think most are back this week.

Should have everyone, including Usher & Parham, available for the Spain tour as a result.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I would expect both to receive waivers as both are coming home. It SHOULD be a formality