2019-2020 GT Hoops Schedule

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Im really hoping we get a home game the weekend of the ND football game next November. I’m already planning that weekend back to ATL.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Finishing up CJP's radio show and it sounds like our opening game of the season will be an ACC game. He doesn't know if it would be home or away.

So we'd open with an ACC game, followed by UGA, I believe.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Finishing up CJP's radio show and it sounds like our opening game of the season will be an ACC game. He doesn't know if it would be home or away.

So we'd open with an ACC game, followed by UGA, I believe.
Wow. Opening with a conference game?!? Has that ever happened before?
Im just hoping it’s a home game the night before the ND game at MBS. Trying to parlay that weekend into a full GT weekend and try to catch a Falcons game Sunday.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Im just hoping it’s a home game the night before the ND game at MBS. Trying to parlay that weekend into a full GT weekend and try to catch a Falcons game Sunday.
You realize ND/GT isn't for a year and a half, right? We don't play ND in 2019. Take it to the 2020-2021 GT Hoops thread ;)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I knew that's what you'd hope for, so I made sure to say they didn't know yet.

I just don't want to play ND at home to open the hoops season that wknd. That would be a mess.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
You realize ND/GT isn't for a year and a half, right? We don't play ND in 2019. Take it to the 2020-2021 GT Hoops thread ;)
Damn day drinking! You’re right lol
I got a little to hype for the football game at MBS but I’d still like hit a Friday hoops game and a Saturday football game.

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Playing a conference game to start the season is likely to become the new norm. With ACC expanding to 20 game per season next fall there has been talk opening games will be ACC games - partly to feed ACC Network content.

Strong chance you will have at least 2 ACC games before January.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Playing 20 ACC games will be fun, can’t wait. Still wish we played everybody twice. 20 is gonna be tough for us though, we’d likely have to go 10-10 or 11-9 to make the tourney.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You guys are tough. Are there any GOOD b-ball announcers in your opinion besides Gminski?

I like Cory Alexander because he gives us a fair shake, given he wanted to go to GT, which he reminds us about often.

Cremins & Brian Oliver are obviously good. Dave Odom used to be funny because I'm convinced he was aroused by Ben Lammers' play.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Actually ran into Bonner on South College St today after our game. Nice guy. Doesn't mean I like him any more as an announcer, but seems like a guy who would have great stories if you sat at a bar with him.

FWIW, FSU was checking into hotel as I got there. Saw Charlton and thought about kidnapping him and bringing him back home.