2018 schedule

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
I wouldn't say Clem & Son are better than last year, but it certainly doesn't seem as though Bama is better than last year, plus they've had more injuries. So, I don't see playing Bama as a disadvantage for the Tigers.
Besides, Clem & Son would rather travel to NOLA than LA, while Dawg fans are sparing no expense to go to LA (and Delta is very appreciative).

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree Clemson has the toughest row to hoe. But bamma "sneaking in" gave the committee the excuse they needed.

SEC with 2 teams in.....should have been matched against each other. But that would hurt the SEC so......

I have a bad feeling NC will be uga vs bama and mutts win it all. Then we get to hear how awesome the SeC is for the next 12 years.
I fear you may be right. Gwad help us all! I can't stomach all the ugag hype now for the Rose Bowl!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree Clemson has the toughest row to hoe. But bamma "sneaking in" gave the committee the excuse they needed.

SEC with 2 teams in.....should have been matched against each other. But that would hurt the SEC so......

I have a bad feeling NC will be uga vs bama and mutts win it all. Then we get to hear how awesome the SeC is for the next 12 years.
If that matchup happened it would be the first time and I hope the last time I went all out for Alabama. There, I said it.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Back to Tech for a minute. The games I fear are Pitt and UNC. It isn't that we might not lose to several teams on the schedule, what I really hate is the thought of losing to teams we are better than. I still say that we lost to Virginia and Duke at least partially because we didn't play with any energy. We will play hard in road games against teams with a level of prestige. But if that level of prestige isn't there, our effort won't be there either.

I puke at the very thought of a Georgia-Alabama national championship game. They are the teams I hate the most and I don't even have a third place. It would be like the old political joke about trying to hold a turd by the clean end. But I don't think it will happen. I think Clem handles Bama this year, and maybe not even a nail-biter. I do fear that Georgia will win, though.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Back to Tech for a minute. The games I fear are Pitt and UNC. It isn't that we might not lose to several teams on the schedule, what I really hate is the thought of losing to teams we are better than. I still say that we lost to Virginia and Duke at least partially because we didn't play with any energy. We will play hard in road games against teams with a level of prestige. But if that level of prestige isn't there, our effort won't be there either.

I puke at the very thought of a Georgia-Alabama national championship game. They are the teams I hate the most and I don't even have a third place. It would be like the old political joke about trying to hold a turd by the clean end. But I don't think it will happen. I think Clem handles Bama this year, and maybe not even a nail-biter. I do fear that Georgia will win, though.
Ha,ha! hold a turd by the clean end! that's a good one Yaller. Never heard that before.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
First&ten, I heard it said by a politician; the way he used it made me think it is an expression familiar to them. It describes the situation where their constituency is equally divided on an issue. Either way you go you irritate half of them, so they say such an issue is like picking up a turd by the clean end.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Good thing GT fans buy GT Season Tix to see the boys in White and Gold, not the team on the other sideline.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Really, because there is plenty of threads were people on this board complain about the lack of fans at home games! Maybe just maybe just we are watching the football fan base decrease.... Once you think There is a decrease than we must ask why... I just stated my opinion...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Tech will be better in 2018 if (a) we have a semi-credible passing attack, (b) Woody works some magic with the defense and (c) somebody lights a fire under special teams to keep them from being such a liability.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Ideal to play um (CPJ is 2 - 8 vs them I think) & ugag back to back to finish season?

Why do you think that would be ideal?

Interesting.

Look at 2014 got on roll early in the season finished with November wins vs Clemson and UGA... Was just wishing we could get some momentum going into our tough games

GTFLETCH

Banned
Tech will be better in 2018 if (a) we have a semi-credible passing attack, (b) Woody works some magic with the defense and (c) somebody lights a fire under special teams to keep them from being such a liability.
I agree with you on the Semi-credible attack... That is why I am all in on either LJ or TO as after watching TQM in 2016 and 2017 he is not the answer, and I hope he leads our ABacks next year!!

Will wait to spring to see what I think about the new Defense Scheme, only time will tell....

GTFLETCH

Banned
We’ve literally never seen TO play a snap against college level, and barley seen LJ.......
The same could have been said for Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Deshaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson before they got their first start. LJ and TO were recruited for a reason. After a5 win season no reason to hold the boys back, what is the worse thing another 5 win season with TQM??? I say let them play and get some experience!! We can add new recruit J. Graham to the derby if he enrolls early, if not let LJ and TO battle it out!!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Games I think we should win every year
The same could have been said for Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Deshaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson before they got their first start. LJ and TO were recruited for a reason. After a5 win season no reason to hold the boys back, what is the worse thing another 5 win season with TQM??? I say let them play and get some experience!! We can add new recruit J. Graham to the derby if he enrolls early, if not let LJ and TO battle it out!!!
You said they are our best option to win 7 or 8 wins. My point is that statement has no proof to back it up, especially when we haven’t seen them play. They could be right at the same level, worse or better than TM, we just don’t know. I’ll also say TM played well enough in atleast two other games we should have won, so that would be 7 wins right there. Don’t get me wrong, I think TM should be moved to Aback, but only if someone is better and that’s yet to be seen. As much as we didn’t like the performance of the offense we were still ranked in the top 25 in FEI going into the UGA game, and that was with TM as the QB.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I've said this before.

I don't think TM looked any better or any worse then Nesbitt did in his first starting year. Same trouble with reads on the option, same tendency to keep the ball, same good mechanics on deep throws - so-so on short ones, same problems linking up with the WRs. But we remember him fondly for that year. Because of Dwyer. Having a great BB made all the difference, especially against the Dwags. Now you know why I so regret the actions against Mills, no matter how understandable. Benson did great things this year, but Mills gives us two wins out of the three slop games and gets the 2 points against UT.

Well, if TM improves as much between his first and second seasons as Nesbitt did, then things will be pretty good at QB. We still don't have a Dwyer, but Benson is no slouch and has a year under his belt. Do either of these factors mean that TM remains our starting QB? No, that'll be up to developments over spring and fall. Does it mean that TM will be better next year, if he starts? Yep, almost certainly. Does that also mean that if someone beats him out we'll be in even better shape? Yep, almost certainly.

The main thing about next years schedule is that it won't be as fierce as the one this year. We had an horrendous SoS this year, usually in the top 10. Next year … well, not so much, mainly because the ACC will not be as strong and we'll be better. Depend on that. Then all we have to do is get the Football Gods back on our side …

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
With the db talent ( taller / more stars) and a dl that showed life in 17 and a demand ( roof gone) by coach that defense be active, we will have much more to cheer for at BDS in 18. The offense could get in gear. Will will Bryan continue to as lean mean guard/ out or will he go back to power o g physique. What happens w the Morgan twin? Could we have a lot more rotation in the ol? What about giving both Taquan and Lucas time in games? So much for 2018!
We will continue season tickets , drive 5 hours each way, get 2 days hotel so we can watch the jackets. BDS is a great place on Saturday. Can't imagine why alumni that live near Gt don't attend.
See you there!

Five hours? One way? Good gracious Ice where do you live?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Games I think we should win every year

You said they are our best option to win 7 or 8 wins. My point is that statement has no proof to back it up, especially when we haven’t seen them play. They could be right at the same level, worse or better than TM, we just don’t know. I’ll also say TM played well enough in atleast two other games we should have won, so that would be 7 wins right there. Don’t get me wrong, I think TM should be moved to Aback, but only if someone is better and that’s yet to be seen. As much as we didn’t like the performance of the offense we were still ranked in the top 25 in FEI going into the UGA game, and that was with TM as the QB.
Good Point