2018 schedule

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Let' make conjecture on our 2018 schedule, which usually comes out after The Masters or so it seems. We know we have Alcorn State at home the 1st week and @ South Florida the 2nd week. I'm guessing @ Pitt in week 3 and Miami in BDS week 4. Bowling Green is scheduled to visit the 5th week.

I'll need some help from here in.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I'll I know is that our OOC and Homes schedule is not Sexy... I do not want to pay to see Alcorn St or Bowling Green, Duke, Virginia.... the only two home games worth a darn will be Miami and Clemson... Not sure if I will reup my season tix... I might wait to see who the QB is Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver I might buy some tickets, but If I have to watch TQM another year... Count me out!

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Alcorns State
USF
Louisville
Duke
Bowling Green
BYE
Miami
Clemson
Virginia Tech (gets bye before playing us)
UNC
Virginia
Pitt
UGA

Eww that stretch of Miami, Clemson, VaTech will be rough. Physically on the players and mentally on the fan based if we can't pull 2 of the games out. I do like getting Louisville early though. Their whole offense the last two years has revolved around Jackson making plays with his legs.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Eww that stretch of Miami, Clemson, VaTech will be rough. Physically on the players and mentally on the fan based if we can't pull 2 of the games out. I do like getting Louisville early though. Their whole offense the last two years has revolved around Jackson making plays with his legs.
Yea I put it like that since we have to have some crazy part in our schedule, seems like we always get stuff like this happening to us.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think at this point GT goes 8-4 with losses to Miami,Clemson,Virginia Tech and UGAG or Loserville
Well we could go 6-6 with losses to Miami,Clemson,Virginia Tech or UVA, UGAG, Loserville by also losing 2 to any of the following three (DUKE, UNC, PITT)

Lets be real TQM is no Justin Thomas on his best day he is a shade below Tevin Washington who everyone hated as QB.... Our best bet to go 7-5 or 8-4 is with Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I'll I know is that our OOC and Homes schedule is not Sexy... I do not want to pay to see Alcorn St or Bowling Green, Duke, Virginia.... the only two home games worth a darn will be Miami and Clemson... Not sure if I will reup my season tix... I might wait to see who the QB is Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver I might buy some tickets, but If I have to watch TQM another year... Count me out!
Duke and UVA could be good games and Alcorn State may be worth it just to see their band. If you are making your decision to buy season tickets on one position player, then if you really are “out”, then on your way out, don’t let the doorknob hit what the good Lord split.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I love being at Bobby Dodd regardless of who they play although I admit big games (opponents) are more fun. If TQM earns the starting spot then I am behind him 100%. He has the off season to improve his passing-keep in mind that he has bounced back and forth between positions in the past. Have to improve passing percentage to be successful for sure!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I get season tickets to see Tech play not the other team.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Duke and UVA could be good games and Alcorn State may be worth it just to see their band. If you are making your decision to buy season tickets on one position player, then if you really are “out”, then on your way out, don’t let the doorknob hit what the good Lord split.
The issue for me is that DUKE, UVA and Alcorn and Bowling Green should never be good games!!! We should win by a country mile... Yes I will not let the door knob hit me on the way out, but ensure when folks complain about lack of fans at the games... You need to bring up how you are always ready to watch DUKE, UVA and ALCORN ST as great games to go to!!! The rest of us will wait for better scheduling!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I get season tickets to see Tech play not the other team.
I did to, but after the 2015 season and this season.... I have lost faith..... I like CPJ, but it was hard to watch the team get worse every week after the chick fil game... TQM was not answer, and I do not even need to talk about the defense.... I will still come to the games, but with such poor OOC scheduling it is hard for my to justify buying season tickets after the 2015, and 2017 seasons... I guess you could say I have been snake bitten... I think our family will come out for a few games, but it will take back to back 9 plus win seasons or a head coaching change to get us to buy season tickets again... Still a fan, just not at Bobby Dodd as often that last 6 years have been good as holders (not 2015 or 2017)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well we could go 6-6 with losses to Miami,Clemson,Virginia Tech or UVA, UGAG, Loserville by also losing 2 to any of the following three (DUKE, UNC, PITT)

Lets be real TQM is no Justin Thomas on his best day he is a shade below Tevin Washington who everyone hated as QB.... Our best bet to go 7-5 or 8-4 is with Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver!
We’ve literally never seen TO play a snap against college level, and barley seen LJ.......

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The issue for me is that DUKE, UVA and Alcorn and Bowling Green should never be good games!!! We should win by a country mile... Yes I will not let the door knob hit me on the way out, but ensure when folks complain about lack of fans at the games... You need to bring up how you are always ready to watch DUKE, UVA and ALCORN ST as great games to go to!!! The rest of us will wait for better scheduling!!!
Duke and UVA are mandatory games, you won’t get better scheduling. Every team in the country has games like this, and yet fans still show up.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I love being at Bobby Dodd regardless of who they play although I admit big games (opponents) are more fun. If TQM earns the starting spot then I am behind him 100%. He has the off season to improve his passing-keep in mind that he has bounced back and forth between positions in the past. Have to improve passing percentage to be successful for sure!
I was here first so you need to change your avatar picture. It messes with me everytime lol. I literally looked at your message, and was like what in the world, I didn’t say that lol.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I did to, but after the 2015 season and this season.... I have lost faith..... I like CPJ, but it was hard to watch the team get worse every week after the chick fil game... TQM was not answer, and I do not even need to talk about the defense.... I will still come to the games, but with such poor OOC scheduling it is hard for my to justify buying season tickets after the 2015, and 2017 seasons... I guess you could say I have been snake bitten... I think our family will come out for a few games, but it will take back to back 9 plus win seasons or a head coaching change to get us to buy season tickets again... Still a fan, just not at Bobby Dodd as often that last 6 years have been good as holders (not 2015 or 2017)
Everyone has their reasons to get season tickets or not and it's not my place to say anything you have your reasons. But remember we only lost 1 home game last year. ( 8 months is a long time to get some faith back)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Of course our season didn’t end like we would have hoped for, but it wasn’t as bad as it seems. Remember, we were just 3 plays away from being an 8 win team. And who knows what happens with the Duke game if we were going in as an 8 win team. Remember the 2014 season we all like to talk about? We could have very easily lost some games we won and it wouldn’t have been much different than this year. Give us a couple bounces this coming up year and we could win 8+ wins