It will be interesting next year
USF without Flowers. 70% of offense
Louisville without Jackson 100% of offense
Duke without Jones
UVA without Benkert
UGA without 80% of their offense

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned the idea a while back on putting LJ and TM on the field at the same time. I got slammed by some folks, but I think LJ AT QB and TM at AB would give defenses fits. Also agree about a ( much) more active D with NW. Cautiously optimistic .......

I just hope we let more back ups take reps . The idea of a fake jet sweep pass is something that could be practiced by the back ups and could break a long gain. Not sure we want out back up qb doijng this. Perhaps the third string guy could do this.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Of course our season didn’t end like we would have hoped for, but it wasn’t as bad as it seems. Remember, we were just 3 plays away from being an 8 win team. And who knows what happens with the Duke game if we were going in as an 8 win team. Remember the 2014 season we all like to talk about? We could have very easily lost some games we won and it wouldn’t have been much different than this year. Give us a couple bounces this coming up year and we could win 8+ wins

I'm glad you are so upbeat but after the Navy beatdown of uva,then it WAS as bad as it seemed.In fact,it might be worse.Going out like that is pathetic . Losing record for 2 of 3 yrs.
'18 is a gonna be interesting to see if we can come back strong...

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Difficult schedule... With playing Miami, VT, Clemson, and UGA every year it's hard to predict anything better than 9-3.

I hope we play Duke, UNC, and UVA early in season and have Miami VT Clemson middle to late. Help our team gain confidence. This year we never really could get on a roll.

Ideal schedule

Alcorn State
@USF
Duke
Bowling Green
@UNC
UVA
@Pitt
@VT
Clemson
@Louisville
Miami
@UGA

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Difficult schedule... With playing Miami, VT, Clemson, and UGA every year it's hard to predict anything better than 9-3.

I hope we play Duke, UNC, and UVA early in season and have Miami VT Clemson middle to late. Help our team gain confidence. This year we never really could get on a roll.

Ideal schedule

Alcorn State
@USF
Duke
Bowling Green
@UNC
UVA
@Pitt
@VT
Clemson
@Louisville
Miami
@UGA
GT has a very good shot at starting that 2018 7-0 before they play VT,Clemson,Louisville and Miami(y)

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Half our opponents were replacing starting qbs this past season.
Better to do that - decide on the starter - in spring.

Yes they will be having some getting used to live action. Remember how bad our new qb did in the first four games. I guess we can all agree he really lead the team to their full potential in last 4 games.

No telling what's going to happen. Coach will figure it out and we will have a well prepared team all year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't dismiss Louisville just because Lamar Jackson is probably going to the NFL.

Unless Petrino leaves, it still a Bobby Petrino offense. Dude is a scumbag, but he can flat out coach offense. Their backup QB, Juwon Pass, is a 4 star QB Elite 11/Army All American guy (ANOTHER dual threat QB out of GA BTW...don't get me started...). He doesn't have the explosiveness or quicks of Lamar Jackson, but don't be fooled. That guy is going to be VERY good. Think Cam Newton...in a Petrino offense. Plus, Louisville always has really good WRs and RBs.

Nate Woody is going to earn his new big paycheck this game. Hopefully our offense returns and resembles a CPJ offense we all know and love. Limit Louisville's offense by playing keepaway, and have our defense make multiple stops that our offense can take advantage of. If our offense resembles the offense we had this year, we get blown off the field.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'll I know is that our OOC and Homes schedule is not Sexy... I do not want to pay to see Alcorn St or Bowling Green, Duke, Virginia.... the only two home games worth a darn will be Miami and Clemson... Not sure if I will reup my season tix... I might wait to see who the QB is Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver I might buy some tickets, but If I have to watch TQM another year... Count me out!
And just think: after a couple of weeks last season Marshall was king of the hill on the board.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'll I know is that our OOC and Homes schedule is not Sexy... I do not want to pay to see Alcorn St or Bowling Green, Duke, Virginia.... the only two home games worth a darn will be Miami and Clemson... Not sure if I will reup my season tix... I might wait to see who the QB is Lucas Johnson or Tobias Oliver I might buy some tickets, but If I have to watch TQM another year... Count me out!

Ahh...the stuff that comprises the majority of our fanbase.(y)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Ideal schedule

Alcorn State
@USF
Duke
Bowling Green
@UNC
UVA
@Pitt
@VT
Clemson
@Louisville
Miami
@UGA

Ideal to play um (CPJ is 2 - 8 vs them I think) & ugag back to back to finish season?

Why do you think that would be ideal?

Interesting.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
After outing the ACC office for the bye bias....you can bet your sweet *** they will find another way to punish us.
Speaking of punish, am I the only one to think the NC committee hammered Clemson in its pairing? Maybe they wanted to get that matchup out of the way in a hurry and avoid a third straight Alabama-Clemson finale, because there is no way on earth, no way, that Oklahoma and Georgia, both of them, are better than Alabama. I think most coaches would rate them Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma, with at least an argument to be made to reverse Clemson and Alabama. "Bama loses one, to Auburn on the road, Georgia gets mauled at Auburn, and Oklahoma plays its usual guest list of patsies (compared to the others). I think Clemson wins, but the committee made their road very difficult to suit its own needs. If Alabama is #4 and Clemson #1, why is Alabama favored?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I agree Clemson has the toughest row to hoe. But bamma "sneaking in" gave the committee the excuse they needed.

SEC with 2 teams in.....should have been matched against each other. But that would hurt the SEC so......

I have a bad feeling NC will be uga vs bama and mutts win it all. Then we get to hear how awesome the SeC is for the next 12 years.