2018 Off Season Thread

Animal02

Banned
So I flew Southwest yesterday for the first time this year.......we were up about 30,000 feet when this happened to the window next to me.

Attachments

• SWA window.jpg
    SWA window.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 162

Animal02

Banned
OMG!!!! I read about that. I’m glad you’re okay. I fly Southwest on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was not a big deal....no pressure loss. Apparently the windows have three plys........only the outer one failed. Sounded sort of like a champagne cork popping. The flight attendants were all very professional. Several of us hit the call button.....she came back and suggested we change seats......... 'YA THINK SO?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
With how cheap southwest charges it doesn't surprise me some of their fleet has some failures.

Southwest isn’t really cheap. Wow Air currently has a flight from New York to Amsterdam for less than I’m paying for a domestic flight. You should also check out Ryan Air in Europe. Their plane tickets fares look like bus ticket fares. I haven’t heard about their planes failing.

Animal02

Banned
With how cheap southwest charges it doesn't surprise me some of their fleet has some failures.
Southwest is not cheap because they don't maintain their planes. They have a great business model. One type aircraft. They turn the planes very quickly. They usually are not on the ground more than an hour (except overnight)
Pilots, flight attendants and mechanics do not have to be cross certified on various aircraft. On my return flight, the flight crew was late arriving due to weather. Another flight crew, waiting for their aircraft to arrive, did all the boarding, so when the actual crew arrived, we took off within ten minutes. That sort of efficiency allows them to offer lower fares.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Watching Boyz n The Hood. Cuba Gooding Jr. is wearing a GT baseball cap, black with gold embroidery.

I remember that. That movie was soon after our Final Four basketball run and 90 football championship.