2018 Off Season Thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorite games of all time. Undefeated #5 Clem at night goes down to Tevin's bunch. The D played real well at times, too.

What i like is we beat clemson s pretty badly. They had a good season and they played in orange bowl jan 4 12 in and west virginia laid 70 on them using the look a like baylor air raid!!!
This defeat and our win is what got kevin steele fired even though good enough to go to orange bowl. I wish he was still there.

I was at a game when he was head coach at baylor . They played texas tech and mike leach had the air raid going. I saw Steele play the same defense till we left with 5 minutes to go in 2nd quarter and the score 45-3. He never changed his offense to pass friendly. My son was there at that time and they never won a swc conference game in 4 years. He must be good a talking to his boss.
We have a couple of ast coaches that are good at explaining to coach. Dabo fired the dc of the orange bowl.

Eventually ,unless gus keeps him on short rope, Auburn will find out.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorite games of all time. Undefeated #5 Clem at night goes down to Tevin's bunch. The D played real well at times, too.
Tech was about to go up 38-10 I think. The refs missed a painfully obvious offsides on Clemson DE and he caused a fumble. Penalty never got called. I guess the refs didn’t want Clemson to get embarrassed that much

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Tech was about to go up 38-10 I think. The refs missed a painfully obvious offsides on Clemson DE and he caused a fumble. Penalty never got called. I guess the refs didn’t want Clemson to get embarrassed that much
Was that the play when we were inside the ten driving for a TD, when the defender lunged all the way past the OL, and got far enough into the backfield to actually interfere with the snap from center to QB? I recall freaking out at the ridiculously incompetent refereeing on that play...

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Was that the play when we were inside the ten driving for a TD, when the defender lunged all the way past the OL, and got far enough into the backfield to actually interfere with the snap from center to QB? I recall freaking out at the ridiculously incompetent refereeing on that play...
That would be the one.