2018 Off Season Thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just saw a mock 2019 nfl draft that says the 4 Clemson dl will go in first round. It says if Clem runs the table they will go in first 6.

We could rock the world- kind off a Rocky to - ADRIAN , Gt DID IT! Defense needs to show up with turnovers and offense needs big plays as well. Running death marchs on this dl is too wishful for me to dream about.

Lets hope its not 4 quarters like the first half of 16 at bds. In those 2 quarters they had 23 pts and we had 25 or 26 yards. Their band played rag time right up and into our faces in the gt stands as they marched off at end of half time. Ugh!

Regardless, we will dress white and gold to cheer the brave and bold until the final whistle blows.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is TOO much. After all the delays. I just got a UPS delay notice. Supposed to come today but a “sled delay” means I won’t see the quarter zip CPJ special till tomorrow.

I just wanna rock it this weekend so hope it can get figured out before then!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
How do you know it was blue. Looks black to me. ;)
In 1942, Tech wore gold jerseys for all but the Georgia game and were undefeated and headed for the Rose Bowl and a probably 3rd NC. Alexander was ill for the Georgia game, and Dodd coached, choosing for the team to wear blue jerseys. The mutts walloped Tech and went on the Rose Bowl instead, gaining a share (since disputed) of the NC.

The 1990 Championship team says “Hi!”

The 1990 Championship team says “Hi!”
That may be true, but Ross himself was quoted as saying that he was stunned when they came on the field and saw all that gold in the stands. Obviously he was referring to the number of Tech fans there for the game, but the fans were wearing and showing gold, while the team was wearing blue. That's just wrong. Regardless, what a team, what a game !!!

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That may be true, but Ross himself was quoted as saying that he was stunned when they came on the field and saw all that gold in the stands. Obviously he was referring to the number of Tech fans there for the game, but the fans were wearing and showing gold, while the team was wearing blue. That's just wrong. Regardless, what a team, what a game !!!
To be fair, we were the 'home' team for the Citrus Bowl. The NCAA had this ridiculous rule in place that required the home team to wear a dark color. I don't know why we didn't have Gold jerseys, that may not have complied with the rule as far as I know. In my avatar you see that we always wore white jerseys for away (and wanted to at home as well but couldn't due to that rule).

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder how much interest we got in Brandon kennedy the guy that just decided to transfer from Bama he could take Jake Stickler's spot in my opinion and with ease problem solved just a suggestion for us

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
247sports is reporting rumor that Blake Barnett, the former 5-star Alabama QB, is transferring to USF and will be eligible to play this fall. I wonder how that will affect the game line.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
They should have a “most likely to be a blue collar worker after their college career” list.

Here's the bottom of the list:

School Starting Salary Mid-career Salary Conference
Louisville $47,000 $81,500 ACC
South Car $46,900 $84,700 SEC
Ole Miss $45,700 $85,300 SEC
Miss St $47,900 $89,100 SEC
Tenn $48,000 $89,500 SEC
Fla ST $47,000 $90,600 ACC
Kans ST $50,000 $90,600 Big12
Alabama $49,000 $90,900 SEC
Nebraska $48,700 $91,500 Big ten
Kentucky $48,800 $91,700 SEC