2018 Off Season Thread

Here's a nice photo of the 1937-1946 blue and white uniforms

https://www.library.gatech.edu/beck/GP520.gif
How do you know it was blue. Looks black to me. ;)
In 1942, Tech wore gold jerseys for all but the Georgia game and were undefeated and headed for the Rose Bowl and a probably 3rd NC. Alexander was ill for the Georgia game, and Dodd coached, choosing for the team to wear blue jerseys. The mutts walloped Tech and went on the Rose Bowl instead, gaining a share (since disputed) of the NC.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
How do you know it was blue. Looks black to me. ;)
In 1942, Tech wore gold jerseys for all but the Georgia game and were undefeated and headed for the Rose Bowl and a probably 3rd NC. Alexander was ill for the Georgia game, and Dodd coached, choosing for the team to wear blue jerseys. The mutts walloped Tech and went on the Rose Bowl instead, gaining a share (since disputed) of the NC.
Thanks for the info and the interesting story,Super(y);)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Agree. That GT just says "1 in 6 graduates is a millionaire" only puts us in line with the standard outcome for Americans at retirement. Would love to see the ranking of schools whose graduates have the highest average net worth...or something along those lines. I'm sure GT would rank pretty high in terms of schools that compete on this level athletically.

The counterpoint is that most GT grads are actually able to retire, while most grads from other schools have to work until they die (no idea on the facts here, but that doesn’t really matter in selling a pitch line to teenagers).