2018 captains

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
And because it came down to the last play you want to blame the QB , sad very sad . If I remember right at any time we have 11 players on the field and it's a team game.
TM had an amazing game which is totally forgotten because of the final play.

With an average kicker, we win 7 or 8 games last year and make a bowl. But I guess our kicking woes are TM’s fault, too.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
TM is a tough smart young man who gives 100% every time he touches the field. The Tenn game is in the past. We lost that game because we made mistakes on Special teams, Defense and Offense. It was a team loss. If people want to blame one player for a win or a loss they need to watch golf.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
TM is a tough smart young man who gives 100% every time he touches the field. The Tenn game is in the past. We lost that game because we made mistakes on Special teams, Defense and Offense. It was a team loss. If people want to blame one player for a win or a loss they need to watch golf.
Imo
Best play of season.
Imo
Why we left this fast ol line up has more to do with the season than anything. Angry speed in 18.
20170906_213126.jpg

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Well Since TQM is a RB, and our new 4-star Athlete is recovering from injuries and will need to redshirt... It seems it would be between LJ and TO... I think these are the traits being looked at besides how Overall Offenses looks with each of them as the QB:

Selflessness. The very nature of the option offense is predicated on the notion that the ball must be distributed as the defense dictates. In an option offense, any pre-snap or predetermined decisions made by the quarterback will hinder the offense’s effectiveness. As with a quarterback who refuses to tuck the ball in and run, a QB who keeps the ball too often ruins a team’s chance of success.

Winning attitude. The confidence that radiates from the quarterback comes from being a leader. It’s the ability to make something out of nothing. It’s the unflappable demeanor during the inevitable hard times. He’s not brash or arrogant but rather possesses a firm confidence that comes across in different ways and during defining moments.

Loyalty. There are a lot of naysayers when it comes to the option. With doubters around every turn, if your quarterback is a player who philosophically hasn’t bought into the offense, he will destroy it. The slightest doubt or hesitation in execution causes an option attack to break down.

Good decision-maker. The defenders’ reactions to the option are the primary keys, but coaches can still tweak the offense with a player who has the other characteristics – such as running more double-option. While some QBs have the ability to come out and read defenses immediately, this aspect of running the option is usually a learned skill. Mistakes inevitably take place during the teaching process. When they do, it’s important for the quarterback to learn from them.

Spatial vision. The ability to see space while focusing on keys is essential to the success of an option QB. He cannot be successful without it. This allows him to handle back-to-back and echo stunts and leverage pitch while creating big plays on the second cut. That is most important because if he can spot potential problems before they occur, he can decrease or prevent fumbles.

A desire to run. More important than pure speed is if the QB is a willing ball-carrier when the defense dictates is. Even if it’s only a 5-yard gain, that’s a successful play. You have no chance, though – even with an athletic quarterback – if your QB doesn’t have a desire to be a real part of the running game.

Intelligence. Quarterbacks need to understand football theory and fully grasp what this offense is trying to accomplish. This doesn’t happen as often as it sounds, though. It is the head coach’s job to help his QB, whether that is through sideline cue cards or offensive lineman making line calls.

Quick feet. In tight corners, quarterbacks have to change direction on a dime. Speed is nice but fast QBs with long, loping strides usually don’t make it out of the backfield. Take foot quickness over speed any day.

Quick hands. Quick hands allow a quarterback to get the ball out of a mess in traffic. They also allow the quarterback to hold the pitch until the right moment and keep the pitch key from being a two-assignment player.

Arm strength. While not as important as the other traits, it’s more important than something like accuracy. The ability to throw the ball over the top keeps the defense honest.

Thanks for the tutorial. As with so many things, when the option game sizzles, it seems almost effortless. I have a new appreciation for how much goes into the QB selection decision. Finding (and landing) a true, capable dual QB - one that has the attributes you listed, as well as the ability to be an effective passer - is apparently more difficult than I realized.

GTFLETCH

Banned
TM is a tough smart young man who gives 100% every time he touches the field.
I agree.... I am not trying to dis the kid... I just want that kid to play AB.... And either LJ or TO as QB.... I think the best players need be on the field at teh same time.....I do not see how it does the team any good to have one of the best ABacks play QB and only complete 37% of the passes.... and have this "great depth" at QB sitting on the bench

Now if we really do not have "great depth" at QB sitting on the bench than we can talk about that in a different forum